Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Jedi Order Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

I know most of you haven't read them, so this should be quiet for a while. But for those who have read them-
What is your favorite thing about the series?
What, if anything, would you change?
What was your favorite book in this series?
Who was your favorite character?

My answers:
1. I love its sheer vastness. 19 books! It makes you feel further like you are in a totally different galaxy and you get to travel around to all sorts of different worlds. You can visit a galaxy reunited, and visit planets that haven't been touched in the EU for a while. (Csilla! Bakura! Caamas! Well, not Caamas, but you meet some Caamasi).

2. Some of the books didn't go anywhere and were sorta uneccessary.

3. Dark Journey. Or Enemy Lines I and II or Edge of Victory,
5.Jaina Solo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Yay! This should be so much fun! I have been lovin' this series so far! Razz

What is your favorite thing about the series? Oh, I love just the whole plot of the series. The Vong were a great adition to the SW universe.

What, if anything, would you change? Okay, this is predictable for most of you who know me, but I wish Anakin Solo had lived. yodasmile

What was your favorite book in this series? So far, I love them all!!!!!!! But from what I've read so far in Star by Star, THAT'S my favorite!!!

Who was your favorite character? I love Leia, Anakin Solo, Jaina!, Tahiri, and so many more! There are just waaay too many to list! LOL

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:08 pm

So... Um, oh, I know what to talk about! In Star by Star, I was SHOCKED when SPOILER! Numa died!! I was like, NO! I guess I was upset mainly because the sisters reminded me of Winter and myself. It was a bit more personal for me.

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes, and it is one of the things that sends Alema to the dark side, Yeah, I really liked the Rar sisters. :(
Back to top Go down
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Uh, me too! But I like getting to meet Saba Sabitine. (I forget how to spell her name.) Especally since she's an important character & trains Leia to be a Jedi and all.

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 pm

The final battle. Seeing what Luke was capable of was FANTASTIC!!! SKYWALKER UNLEASHED! Pretty much that battle determined for me, that Luke's the most powerful Jedi ever. Completely EPIC!!!

The length. Some of the books felt pointless. I also just wished there had been more Luke/Mara. Luke just felt really underused for most of the series Crying or Very sad .

The Unifying Force; Star By Star; Balance Point; Vector Prime

Enjoyed Saba, and I always love Luke/Mara. Plus baby Ben was super cute!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDeeto

ArtooDeeto

Location : In my rightful place, aboard the Jade Shadow during Fate of the Jedi!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:46 pm

I loved the final battle!! Complete epicness!!!!!! The Y-VH droid's battle cry! ("We are machines; we are greater than Yuuzhan Vong") And last but not least- Baby Ben!!!

I would get rid of some of the filler books. I also would NOT have had Jacen as the hero of the series. Also, i would get rid of some of the time spent with the Vong.

The Unifying Force, Star by Star, Destiny's Way, and Balance Point.

Anakin Solo, Mara, and Saba.
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Same with the filler books.....(Agents of Chaos, anybody? And they totally ruined Jacen being the hero of the series by having him the antagonist of the next series...

My favorite books are the Edge of Victorys and the Enemy Lines XD
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 am

I am currently re-reading the series. (Well, kind of. The first time I read them I just kinda read the essential books. Or just read the spoilers...) And I'm at Star By Star.....*sniffles*

I'm not sure. Probably the characters. Its just my favorite era and stuff.

STAR.BY.STAR. That book would not exist if I had my say.

I don't know I haven't finished it yet. But so far, Edge Of Victory II: Rebirth. By Greg Keyes.

Anakin Solo<3<3<3<3<3 And Tahiri<3
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jedi Order Discussion Thread   New Jedi Order Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jedi Order Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1