Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help please! How do you make a image transparent????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jedidreamer

jedidreamer

Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Empty
PostSubject: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:41 am

Hey I can really use some help. For the past few days I've been trying to figure out how to make images transparent, but so far all my sad attempts have backfired on me. The program I use is called Gimp. If any of you can help me it would be a really big help. Thanks and God bless. sunny
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Hmm....well for the short time I used gimp I didn't master it, but I'll try to help as I can. Is it a certain part of a picture that you are trying to make transparent? If you click "new" (or new image) you can set the background to transparent (rather than a color). Or, if you're trying to get it on an existing picture, let's say you had a picture like this and wanted to take Ahsoka out. If you use a select tool and cut her out, I think you'd be left with a transparent section, but I'm not positive this will work. What are you going for? I don't know if I'd be able to help any further, but I'll try. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
jedidreamer

jedidreamer

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestions but, what I'm trying to do is a bit different. What program do you use for your computer? Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me. God bless. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm

What are you trying to do? I'm using Paint Shop Pro Photo.
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
jedidreamer

jedidreamer

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Here's an example of what I wanted it to look like......

Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Abrynnepadmepaper2

Back to top Go down
sarahthegeek

sarahthegeek

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm

I use PSE (photoshop elements) but try adjusting the opacity of the image you want to be transparent.

If I'm correct about what you're trying to do, then that should give you the result you want.
Back to top Go down
http://firstbestdestiny.blogspot.com/
jedidreamer

jedidreamer

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:22 am

Ok I'll try that Very Happy Thanks sooo much for your help. God bless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help please! How do you make a image transparent????   Help please! How do you make a image transparent???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help please! How do you make a image transparent????
Page 1 of 1