Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite TV Shows

Go down 
+34
GeneralSnips
Spidey_Timey_Skygirl
ArtooDeeto
Cia Klivian
Ashoka2898
luxsoka13
May Kenobi66
Kayla
Ahsoka Tano
bbc_hates_me
Aay'liah
Pinksaber13
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
jedigirl1990
Darth Tromeros
Wolffe's Chick
SnipsSkywalker
Amaranthine
jedidreamer
JediKnightGirl
Starwarsartist
sokafan4ever
futurejedigirl0202
Leia Organa
Obi-Wan's Padawan
AndrieeJainaSolo
sarahthegeek
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Kat Kiele
Rex'sgirl
Jedi~Chick
QueenKarina
allishmalli
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Yay! I'm glad you are liking it! Do you have a favorite character/episode so far? My favorite episode is Into the Bunker, but all of season 2 has been very good so far. I don't know if I have a favorite character. It would probably be Stan or Mabel, but I love all of them. I'm actually pretty fond of Wendy. I know she gets a lot of complaints, but I still like her.

I also think it's awesome that I learned how to use some ciphers because of this show. I still wait on other people to decode everything because I'm too lazy, but it feels cool to know that I can decode stuff if I want to.

Last edited by Duchess Satine Kenobi on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Also, have you heard anything about Over the Garden Wall, the next show Doug and Rob are doing vlogs for? I've heard really good things about it. Like, really really good things. Everyone says it's one of the best shows ever. I'm kind of curious to see what it is, but I don't like some of the character designs. The background animation is really pretty, but the character designs bug me. I'm not a fan of the Cartoon Network animation style (Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, etc.) and I'm really not a fan of any of the recent Cartoon Network shows in general to be honest.

I'll probably still give it a try, though. I'm going to wait and see what Rob and Doug say, but I've heard really good things about it so it's probably a good show.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Did anyone here watch Broadchurch? What are your thoughts on season 2 so far?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 7:55 pm

So over the weekend I watched Over the Garden Wall. It was a miniseries that aired on Cartoon Network a while back and I decided to watch it after seeing Rob and Doug's review of it on the Nostalgia Critic website, and just hearing a lot of good things about it in general.

It was really good! I was a bit hesitant because I'm not a fan of Cartoon Network's newer shows, but I am so glad I decided to watch it! The atmosphere alone just makes it worth watching. The background animation is just marvelous as well. The environments are so detailed. It feels like a cross between a Miyazaki film and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The stories are very simple, but effective, which I like. The music is amazing and I really like the voice acting as well (Apparently Elijah Wood is the main character! He has a good voice for voice acting. He also sounds really similar to Dipper from Gravity Falls, except this one fits better because his character is supposed to be in high school.) But what really makes this show great is that it is just so different from anything else I've seen. The atmosphere is just so strange and beautiful.

It's a very strange show, but what sets it apart from all of the other Cartoon Network shows is that they're more of a loud, goofy, in your face strange, while Over the Garden Wall is a gentle, subtle kind of strange.

I would definitely recommend this to animation fans. It's a little out there but the story has heart and the atmosphere is really great.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 12:33 pm

I forgot if anyone does or not (and I'm too lazy... I mean busy to go back and look through all the comments in this topic), but does anyone watch Once Upon a Time? I do, and it's awesome!!! I just watched the season finale and... I can't handle what just happened... I just can't...
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Well, I know someone on here who has this show referenced on her banner will be happy... I watched the first season of Young Justice on Netflix...

Oh boy, why on Earth, Mars and Krypton did I just do that!?

Essentially, I've basically made myself a fan of a recent show that's already been cancelled and (according to Wikipedia) "Warner Brothers officially stated that they were not open to a third-party crowdfunding-campaign, intended to result in a third season of Young Justice", so I know it's (probably) never coming back and I want it to so bad!!!! Why am I putting myself through this!?!?!?!? Ugh!!!!

I would watch season 2, but it's not on Netflix yet.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 pm

I need to watch that show Alli! It sounds really good! *adds another show to my infinite list*

I recently started watching Teen Titans with my brother. We'd seen a few episodes as kids but now we're going through the whole series. It's really fun! Raven is my favorite, and I recently got to meet Tara Strong at comic con, which was super cool!

I also started watching Steven Universe this summer. I haven't watched any Cartoon Network shows in so long, but I'm really glad I gave this one a shot! It's really fun, and I love the characters. Where I'm at now it's mostly just fun and cute, but I have a feeling there's a deeper story that's going to be revealed later on. I'm also really excited for Doug and Rob to do vlogs of it! I want to hear their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Three months later, I finished Broadchurch season 2! XD There were some things I really really liked but then more than a couple things that weren't so great... What were your thoughts?

Anyone watch other British mystery shows? I'm loving Endeavour, Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis, and Midsomer Murders, and want to try Foyle's War and George Gently eventually. Oh, and Poirot is cool too, though I haven't seen much of it.
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm

I really liked Broadchurch season 2! Not as much as the first season, but it was still really good. I thought that parts of it got just a tiny bit soap-opera-ish, but for the most part the story stayed pretty grounded and continued the feel of the first season. It was really sad, but realistic, as things like that tragically do happen, and the justice system has its shortcomings. I also liked how they incorporated Alec's old trial into the story. And it was cool to meet his ex-wife. I thought I wouldn't like her, but I actually liked her a lot. Is it bad if I ship him with Ellie, though? XD
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Glad you liked it! Smile It was so sad sometimes - the first few episodes made me really mad like how could you do that to them. XD Interesting look at the justice system though, and the different perspectives and experiences that each lawyer brings with them. I agree, it was nice how the two cases sort of worked, and it was great to see Alec and Ellie working together. LOL not at all, and I get the sense they're going in that direction. I think Tess (was that his wife's name?) got that impression and the ending sure implied something was going on in Alec's head. Razz But another long wait for series 3 now...

Oh and also this is my favorite Broadchurch thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwFufzb5_k
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Yeah, it was super sad! I agree! LOL! Ugh, yeah, I don't know how we're going to be able to wait so long for the next season Razz

That video is so great!!!
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Sorry I've been gone so long! College and tumblr had a lot of my attention.
So, since I last got on here, I've added a lot to my favorite shows list. I'm currently obsessing over Supernatural Smile

Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Good to see you on here, Siri! Very Happy

I need to see Supernatural! It looks really good!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 11:50 pm

While I'm not going to say that it's my new favorite TV show, but my sister, my dad, and I have been watching Quantico this fall. Anyone else seen that?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 11:59 am

I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting.

Has anyone watched Daredevil? If so, what are your thoughts? I haven't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I've been watching a few new shows this summer. I started Parks and Recreation, which I absolutely love. I'm on season 5 now. It's so funny and I love the cast!

I also binged the entire new Voltron show. I enjoyed that greatly as well!

There's a new show on Netflix I really want to watch called Stranger Things. It's supposed to be really good.

Have you guys seen any new shows lately?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:49 pm

I watched Voltron too!

I've been watching Psych and rewatching The Wonder Years on Netflix. I have been occasionally watching the original Star Trek series, but it hasn't been lighting my fire. I'm still trying to plan out when my dad and I will finish up re-watching Rebels, so I haven't been re-watching TCW as of late.

My family and I have been watching American Ninja Warrior, Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, and reruns of Shark Tank.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Awesome! Very Happy

I think it's cool that your family has some shows you watch together. Usually just me and my brother watch shows together, but every now and then our mom will watch something with us, or our dad.

I love American Ninja Warrior! It's so cool! Apparently they were in my state this time (right down the street from my campus, actually), but I didn't know or else I would have gone to watch.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Do you guys prefer to watch things with your family or alone? I find I can get more immersed in the show/movie if I watch it alone, I never cry when I watch things with family but alone I can get emotional. (Agents of SHIELD is an exception bc I've been watching that with my brother and then my mom since the beginning.)

I've been sort of obsessed with cartoons this summer? First I watched the entire How To Train Your Dragon TV show, then I've binge watched most of Steven Universe in like, four days. I put off watching it for ages because I thought it was too much of a kids show, but I thought wrong. I really should have known.) I thought Steven was so annoying at first but now in Season 3 he's a nice character. And the gems are great.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 pm

That's a good question! It really depends on the show. There are some things that I only want to watch alone to get immersed in or because I'm the only one who would get it, but there are other things that I enjoy watching with others. Like I enjoy watching comedies with my mom because she has a great laugh and it makes me laugh too even if the show isn't funny. She also watches Agents of SHIELD with me, and I enjoy fangirling over it with her (she has the biggest crush on Mack and it cracks me up!). My brother and I watch a lot of anime together, and some of the more adult things, like Rick and Morty or Tarantino films. He's a lot less judgmental than my parents about things that would be deemed 'too weird' or 'too violent'. For me it's really fun to share a show with others and see them enjoy it, and then you have someone to talk about it with. But a lot of the stuff I watch for film school is just nice to watch alone so I have some quiet to think about it after.

Oh my gosh I love Steven Universe! Yeah a lot of people are a bit thrown off by it at first, but it's one of those shows that gets better the more you watch. Do you have a favorite gem? Pearl is forever my bae, but as a short angry person I relate a lot to Peridot. But tbh I love them all to pieces.

Haha I'm totally with you about having a cartoon obsession! I feel like all I watch is cartoons Razz I love it, though!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Like I enjoy watching comedies with my mom because she has a great laugh and it makes me laugh too even if the show isn't funny.

I'm like this with my dad! he thinks everything is funny and it makes even mediocre things entertaining.

Also omg yes Pearl is 100% my favourite. I love her. I also really like Garnet, and Peridot has been creeping up my list of favourites as season 3 goes on.

You know, when I was younger, I always figured I'd grow out of cartoons and move on to more serious things, but now I just watch them when I get home from work. Being an adult hasn't changed anything in that respect, really.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:24 am

Starwarsartist wrote:
Like I enjoy watching comedies with my mom because she has a great laugh and it makes me laugh too even if the show isn't funny.

I'm like this with my dad! He thinks everything is funny and it makes even mediocre things entertaining.

I'm like that with my dad as well! Shows are funnier when watching them with my dad because he finds things funnier than I do, and there are jokes that I don't catch but he does (and then explains to me so I get the joke as well).

When we watch more dramatic shows (e.g. NCIS, Nashville, Agents of SHIELD, etc.), we're both trying to figure out what's going to happen or who the killer is and such. It makes it fun for us, but my sister gets annoyed by it, especially if she's seen the episode before and we end up guessing correctly long before the reveal.

There are some shows I'd rather watch alone, but I've kind of been raised to watch shows with my family, so it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:37 am

Yeah, there is definitely a benefit to watching shows with my parents because they can explain jokes or references I don't get.

Oh my gosh, same SWA! The funny thing is I didn't even watch that many cartoons when I was younger! I honestly think I like them more now than I did when I was a kid. But maybe another reason for that is that cartoons have just gotten better and better in recent years. I mean, we'll always have stuff like Uncle Grandpa or whatever, but there's also great stuff like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls and Star Wars Rebels that know how to tell an amazing story.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Has anyone seen Stranger Things?

I saw it and really enjoyed it. It had a nice mystery and was actually quite intense at many points. The actors were outstanding and the characters were really likable! I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Has anyone seen Stranger Things?

I saw it and really enjoyed it. It had a nice mystery and was actually quite intense at many points. The actors were outstanding and the characters were really likable! I'd recommend it.

My film professor wants my whole class to watch it, so I'll probably watch it soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Shows   Favorite TV Shows - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite TV Shows
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next