Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life with the Skywalkers!!

Go down 
+4
Kat Kiele
Rex'sgirl
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Jedi~Chick
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

Life with the Skywalkers!!   Empty
PostSubject: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Okie Dokie! I started writing this new story, after playing around with a Luke/Mara iPod shuffle challenge thing. Wink Now, it's blossomed into this fun AU story from the Jimmy Buffet song "Little Miss Magic" So here we go. If y'all have any questions, let me know!!!! Very Happy I NEED feedback!! Tell me what you think, or if I should change anything. Wink

Chapter 1:

Luke walked into his apartment on Yavin 4, smiling about the progress of his day, but sighing in exhaustion. He smiled brighter as he stood in the doorway of his kitchen, watching his beautiful wife Mara playing with the baby in the Family room while Ben was playing with his toys on the couch. Luke stepped into the room and winked at Ben, who immediately wanted to get up and give his dad a hug. Luke silently walked up to Mara and put his hands over her eyes. “Guess who?” he said playfully, and Mara grabbed his wrists, and twisted them not-so-gently. “I knew you were there Farmboy, I felt you when you were leaving work.” She said laughing. Luke grinned and rubbed his wrists. He kissed Mara’s cheek and helped her up from the floor. She picked up baby Padmè, and handed her to Luke, who kissed the baby’s soft head. “Hello Padmè!” he said grinning at the baby girl. Ben popped up from the couch and latched himself onto Luke’s leg, begging for attention. “Hello there Ben, I didn’t forget about you!” he said and hugged his son. Ben smiled and ran into the kitchen. “Dad, Dad!!” he yelled, “Come here!! Mom let me keep Jumpy in this bucket!” he cried, dragging his dad into the kitchen. Luke laughed as Mara frowned at the bucket near the back door. “Ben, you promised it would go back outside before bed.” She said, and Luke laughed again. “Don’t worry Mara, he knows that Jumpy has a home outside, not in the apartment. Right Ben?” Luke said lifting an eyebrow at his son. Little 5 year old Ben nodded. “Yup Daddy! I’ll put Jumpy back now. I promise.” He said crossing his heart and running with the bucket outside. Luke smiled and looked down at the baby girl in his arms. Padmè was named after Luke’s mother, just as Han and Leia’s son Anakin was named after his and Leia’s father. Luke smiled down at the baby….she had little golden fuzz on her head, and bright green eyes just like Mara’s. Ben shared his dad’s blue eyes, but had Mara’s hair. Padmè was the other way around. He rocked the baby in his arms, lulling her to sleep. Padmè was only a year old, and she was pretty tiny. Mara leaned against the kitchen counter, smiling warmly at Luke. Luke, Grand Jedi Master, Founder of the New Jedi Order, was standing at home, rocking a baby. Mara giggled. She picked up Ben, and carried him upstairs to his bedroom. Luke heard Ben ask Mara about their upcoming trip to Coruscant. “Mama, when will we get to see Aunt Leia and Uncle Han again?” he asked. “Soon honey, we leave in two days if you’re daddy’s ready by then….” Luke smiled again. He shifted the sleeping baby onto his shoulder and walked upstairs to put the baby to bed.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“Hey Farmboy, how was work?” Mara asked sweetly as she leaned in the doorway of the kitchen. Luke was sitting in the kitchen eating dinner that he reheated. “Listen, Mara, if you’re mad that I was late…” he started. “No, no.” Mara said with the wave of a hand, “I understand. Being a Jedi Master is tough. I’m lucky I get afternoons off so I can take care of those two.” She said jerking a thumb toward the stairs. Luke smiled and gestured to the seat beside him at the kitchen table. Mara took a seat and Luke shared details of the day past midday, since Mara had been there before then. “Anakin did well in lightsaber class today.” He said. “Kyp didn’t kill him?” Mara asked laughing lightly. Luke laughed too. “No, Kyp was fine, but he nearly had Jacen’s head for being cocky. He was knocked into place when Jaina beat him though.” Mara laughed harder. “Who? Jacen or Kyp?” Luke laughed harder as well. “Both!” he cried, and Mara wiped tears of laughter from her eye. “That’s funny.” She stated. “Kyp getting beaten by a thirteen year old girl.” Luke rolled his eyes and chuckled. “Your apprentice.” He said, pointing an accusing finger at Mara. Mara feigned offense and laughed. “You’re sister’s kid!!” Luke laughed. “I miss them.” He said after a moment. Mara nodded. “We’ll be in Coruscant in a few days. I’m sure Han and Leia miss their kids more than we miss them.” She said. Luke agreed. “We’ll still leave the day after tomorrow right? I heard you tell Ben.” Mara smiled again. “Only if you don’t have some crazy Jedi Master emergency or something.” She said, and Luke shook his head. “Naw, you know everyone can handle it. Kyp, Tionne, Kyle, Tyria and Corran are in charge while we’re gone. They’re on shifts and everything.” Mara looked impressed. “You seriously want this to go off without a hitch don’t you?” she asked. Luke nodded. “We haven’t had a decent vacation in…..Force knows how long. Way before Padmè was born.” He said. Mara nodded. “We need to get away more often. We’re too busy.” She said rolling her eyes at the pile of paperwork she was supposed to fill out for the Temple. Luke nodded. “When I’m not working at the Temple, I’m working on stuff for the Temple here!” he said, and Mara shook her head playfully. “See what I mean? Too busy. You’ve got a baby to help raise! I want you to be there when Padmè says her first word, takes her first steps, and all that good stuff that comes with being a parent!” she cried. Luke hugged his wife, getting up from the kitchen table, and kissed her cheek. “I know.” He said, and Mara laughed. “You sound like you’re sister!” she whispered in his ear, before kissing him. Hand in hand, they walked up the stairs to their bedroom.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Okay, that was Chapter 1!!!!! I have a LOT more!! Like, 6 more chapters, and counting!!! Very Happy Tell me what you think!!!!!! Life with the Skywalkers!!   612874 Life with the Skywalkers!!   864366
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Aww, that was so sweet! I love it, great work so far! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh I love it!!! I cant wait to read more about Mara!!!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Hehe, thanks!!!!! Very Happy You're comments make me smile!!!! Very Happy I'm so glad you liked it!!! Like Baby Padme?? Wink She's like my new favorite character. I wrote a lot in Mara's POV later on, but I also wrote in Luke's POV, Leia and Han's POV's, Jacen's POV, Jaina's POV, and even Padme's POV!!!! Very Happy you'll see. I can post Chapter 2 if you want......
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm

I cant wait to read the rest!!!! I love reading stories especially when they are AU!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Yay!! Trust me, this is very AU. Wink I disagree with some of the things that happen in the real EU, so I decided to do a rewrite. Wink Hope you like!!!!! Very Happy I'll go ahead and post Chapter 2, because I posted chapter 1 on my blog too, so some of the girls have already read it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

YAY!!!! I know what you mean!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm just going to go ahead and post Chapter 2!!! Very Happy Hope you like it!!!!!

Chapter 2:
Two days later……………..
Mara did a double check of the bags. She had Luke’s bag, her bag, Ben’s three bags, Padmè’s diaper bag, Padmè’s clothes bag, Padmè’s toy bag, Jaina’s bag, Jacen’s bag, and Anakin’s bag. What was she forgetting? Mara did a double take of the kitchen. Then she saw it. Padmè’s food. She grabbed the bag with the baby formula, baby food, and some snacks for Ben in it, and smiled. They were FINALLY ready to go. Mara loaded the speeder with all the bags, and thanks to the Force, she and Ben had it done in about ten minutes. All they had to do was stop by the Temple to pick up Luke and the Solo kids and they would be ready to hit the road.

*Luke’s POV*
I stood in my office, waiting for my niece and nephews to meet me. Eventually, they came in and I grinned at them. “You three ready for a vacation?” I asked them. After choruses of “Yeah! Yes Uncle Luke!!!” I grabbed my briefcase and led the kids to the front of the temple, where Mara was supposed to pick us up in about fifteen minutes. Kyp approached me in the hall. “You’re leaving Luke?” he asked, and I nodded. “You take care of everything Kyp. I’m trusting you!” I said jovially. He nodded. “I’ll tell the other’s you’re off.” He said and I replied, “Thanks Kyp, and comm me if you need anything.” Kyp nodded. “We can handle it Master!” he said winking at me. “Alright then,” I relented, and after waving goodbye to Kyp, I led three impatient Solos to the front of the Temple. “Aunt Mara’s coming isn’t she?” eleven year old Anakin asked after waiting for about thirty seconds. “Of course she’s coming Ani!” Jaina said, practically scolding her little brother. I smiled. Quickly, I felt Mara’s Force Presence approaching and I told the kids, “She’s on her way. Give her like ten minutes tops.” 9 ½ minutes later, Mara arrived at the Temple’s entrance. The Solos loaded into the back of the Speeder, and Mara got into the passenger’s seat. “You can drive Farmboy,” she said to me, “As long as we take turns flying.” I chuckled and turned the keys in the ignition. Soon, we were off.

*Mara’s POV*
Just as Luke half-promised, we did take turns flying. I was flying the first leg of the trip, and jumping the ship to hyperspace. Luke occupied the kids while I was piloting, and he took care of the baby. That left me with some time to think. I was excited to go back to Coruscant. I hadn’t seen any of my friends there in ages. Maybe some of them before I had Padmè even. Leia and Han were the one exception. I saw them a lot. We hadn’t gotten to see each other in a long while, because the Jedi took up Luke’s and I’s time, and politics took up Leia’s. I don’t really know what Han does while he’s alone…..he’s not the stay-at-home dad anymore, with the Solos are with us at the Jedi Temple. Luke and I have been talking about possibly moving the Temple partially to Coruscant, to keep up with all the important happenings in the capital city. We were thinking of putting a Temple up where the Old Republic’s temple used to be before the Empire. We decided to talk to Han and Leia about it, since Leia was the “official” person to talk to on this. She’s the Secretary of State and she’s studying to take on the role of President after Mon Mothma retires, and she’s doing a great job from what I’ve heard. She manages her time well, and sometimes takes time to visit us on Yavin. She was last there…..when I had Padmè. She watched Ben for us while Luke took me to the med center. Han tagged along, and they both came to see us after Padmè was born. Leia is one of my best friends. Leia, Mirax Horn, and Leia’s friend Winter are my only girlfriends, so when we’re on Coruscant together, we party it up. I’m looking forward to having a bit of time to shop and gossip with my girls, because it’s been WAAAY to long. See, if we moved the Temple to Coruscant, we’d be able to hang out more often. I heard a crash coming from the galley and heard Luke yell at Jacen for something. I laughed to myself and rolled my eyes. I put the ship on auto pilot as we entered hyperspace, and jogged to the galley to see what Jacen broke this time.

*Jacen’s POV*
“I didn’t do it!!!” I cried. “Jaina pushed me!!!” I shouted. Jaina stuck her tongue out at me, and I did the same to her. “Uncle Luke!” I said, “Jaina pushed me into the table, and I fell backwards!!! I didn’t MEAN to break you’re toaster!” I really didn’t. Jaina sorta pushed me, and sorta tripped me, and then I sorta fell backwards and tried to steady myself on the counter, but then I accidentally ripped the toaster out of the wall, and it all went downhill from there. Aunt Mara came in just then, to see me on the floor, Uncle Luke scowling at me, Jaina smirking at me, and Anakin reading in the corner, completely ignoring me. “What happened?” Aunt Mara asked, helping me up from the ground nicely. For a lady who used to be an assassin, she’s really nice. I tried to explain what had happened, when Jaina tried telling her side of the story. Aunt Mara told Luke to go check on baby Padmè and let her handle it. Jaina was Aunt Mara’s Padawan, so I figured that she’d get away with pushing me. Surprisingly, Aunt Mara said that neither of us were in trouble, but that we’d have to buy her and Uncle Luke a new toaster. She made us apologize to each other, and clean up the broken toaster, and that was it. I was slightly surprised. “Sorry Aunt Mara,” I said, shoving the broken toaster parts into the garbage chute. “That’s okay Jacen, just be more careful next time.” She said understandingly. I’m so lucky Aunt Mara is my Aunt. She’s great!! Especially when she doesn’t get me into trouble!!

*Padmè’s POV*
Daddy came and picked me up, hugging me. I love my Daddy. I love my Mommy too. Daddy lifted me in the air, making me giggle. Daddy is so funny. I screamed and laughed, showing off my two new teeth. Daddy kissed me and rocked me in his arms. I grabbed for his hair but he moved his head out of the way. I scowled at him, which made him laugh at me! So I started to giggle at him, and grabbed for his nose instead. This time I caught him!!! Daddy laughed and pulled my fingers away from his nose with his hand. I wrapped my fingers around his pointer finger instead. Then I got comfy and started to fall asleep again. Daddy whispered in my ear, “Sweet dreams my princess,” and I smiled in my sleep. Then Daddy put me back in my cradle and I stayed there. I didn’t wake up, I just started dreaming. I dreamt of Jay, Jace, and Ani’s mommy and daddy, Pretty Lady with Dark Hair and Nice Man with the Fuzzy Guy. Mommy told me that we were going on a trip to see them, and I dreamt that when we got there, Daddy got hurt and Mommy was scared. Then Mommy had to fly but the ship broked, and Daddy fell down asleep. Jace and Jay tried to call their Mommy and Daddy, but the phone was broked too, so Benny pressed a big red button. Then Nice Man with the Fuzzy Guy and the Fuzzy Guy came and saved Mommy and Daddy and Benny and Jace, Jay and Ani. I was scared, but Nice Man with the Fuzzy Guy came and picked me up, and brought me to Pretty Lady with Dark Hair. Then I woke up and cried. Mommy ran into my room a few minutes later, but I was still scared. Daddy came and held me, and I was happy that he was not down asleep. I was still sad and scared, because my dream was so real. Benny gave me a spoon, and then I was happy. Did you know that spoons are shiny and you can see your face in them?
A/N: Oooh, is baby Padmè foreshadowing events to come?!? Stay tuned to find out!!!

P.S. The toaster thing was my sister's idea. Luke loves his toaster!!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 pm

I keep having issues with the fonts/sizing.....sorry!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Its ok I have the same trouble!!!! That was very good!!! If Padme is seeing the future she must be very strong in the force!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:20 pm

LOL!! Very Happy She is!!!!!!! Isn't she adorable though?!? I love her. Wink Thank you!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 pm

It sounds like it!! I really like all the characters!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks!!!! Very Happy I'm glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Your welcome! I really do!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Okay, I guess I'll go ahead and post chapter 3. Smile Warning: It's pretty long. Wink I think it's pretty good though, and my sister said she loves it. Wink Enjoy! Tell me what you think!!!!!!!!

Chapter 3:
A few hours later……………….
*Mara’s POV*
It was Luke’s turn to fly, so I spent time with the kids in the galley and the rec area. We were almost at Coruscant when Luke came out. “We’ll be arriving in the Coruscant atmosphere in 20” he said, and I grinned at him. Our family vacation was SO close. I could practically taste it. After catching a quick snack, Luke went back to the cockpit to bring the ship out of hyperspace. Almost right after the ship was out of hyper, I felt the jolts. The ship rocked and jerked, like it was being shot at. I stumbled back to the cockpit, looking at Luke. “What happened?” I called, and he yelled back, “It’s some kind of blockade! We’re being shot at!!!” I grabbed the nearest wall to steady myself as the ship was shot again. I half ran-half tripped down the hall and found the kids sitting on the floor, trying to not bump into anything. I told them to find cover, and stay still. I was trying to make my way back to the cockpit when I felt a major blast rock the ship. I made my way to the cockpit to find the dash exploded, the windshield cracked, and many parts of the ship dangling from the inside and out. Most importantly, I didn’t see Luke. “LUKE!!!!” I screamed, and searched frantically for him. I saw a pile of debris with Luke’s boot sticking out from underneath. I rushed to the side of the blasted pieces of the ship, and began to dig Luke out. Jaina and Jacen came up at the same moment, and looked at me with total fear in their eyes. “Aunt Mara?” Jaina asked, “What happened?” I sniffed, feeling tears well up in my eyes, but I said in a strong voice, “Jaina, I need you to go to the galley and find Ben and the baby. Keep them safe. Then Jacen, you go get Anakin and send a distress signal to your mom and dad. Let them know we’re in trouble. Try and get an emergency comm through!” Jaina nodded and ran out the door, and Jacen looked at me. “Jacen,” I said to him, “If all the warning signals go off, and you can’t get any signals through, I want you to take your siblings and Ben and Padmè, and get into an escape pod. Get AWAY from Coruscant’s atmosphere. Your mom will feel you. Now go.” My voice was getting choked toward the end of that sentence, but Jacen nodded and ran from the room. I quickly dug through the debris and found my husband. He was scraped, bruised and bleeding, but he was alive, if only barely. I started crying, watching his chest fall slower and slower with each breath. “Luke…” I murmured, and kissed his face. I finished digging him out of the debris, and grabbed an emergency med kit. From what I could tell, he was sliced by the metal, burned by an explosion, and probably got a concussion from being thrown against a wall. I half carried-half dragged his body to the hallway, and began to treat his wounds. After I got Luke stabilized, I ran to the cockpit, and tried to fly thorough the blockade. I only barely made it through. Almost an hour and many more hits later, I was able to break through Coruscant’s atmosphere. I was injured and exhausted, blasted by many explosions already, and cut from digging my husband from the rubble. I tried to land the ship, but instead I failed and ended up crashing the ship. When the ship tore down to a landing platform on Coruscant, scraping and burning it badly, and I passed out from exhaustion and exertion.

*Jaina’s POV*
I was nervous and crying on the inside, but on the outside, I was being the oldest, and I was being a leader. I told Jace and Ani to take Ben and Padmè while I checked for a comm signal one more time. Finally, after what seemed like hours of trying, I was able to get one through to dad. “Cap’n Solo,” the voice answered. “DAD!” I cried, and a surprised “Jaina!!” came from the other end. “Dad!” I said, “The ship was attacked and Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara are hurt!” I shouted, “We need help!!! Hurry!” Dad seemed to panic and I heard my mother screaming at him in the background. “I’ll be right there Jay. You just sit tight.” He answered nervously and I nodded. “Okay. We’re at…..” I looked up and gave him the coordinates of our crashed ship. Dad said he was nearby and would come immediately to help us

*3rd Person POV*
Han Solo flew his speeder faster than the law allowed to reach the landing platform in record time. He leapt from the airspeeder, with Chewbacca at his side, and raced inside the smoldering and battered up ship. Chewbacca brought Jaina, Jacen and Anakin outside, and Han brought Ben. Then Han raced back inside and searched frantically for his niece, Padmè. He found her screaming her little head off, wrapped in a blanket in the Rec Area. He grabbed her and gently rocked her as he ran back from the burning ship. Leia was waiting, holding and hugging her children when Han approached carrying the baby. Leia’s eyes widened. “Hold her,” Han said, handing Padmè to Leia. Leia nodded and held the baby and spoke to her in her best mothering voice. Han dashed back to the ship and searched once again, this time for his brother and sister in law. He found Mara passed out on the dash, her face cut by glass and her hands sliced up, probably by metal. Then, in the back hallway, he found Luke, looking for the worse. He lifted Mara in his strong arms, knowing if she was conscious she’d kill him, and brought her outside, where a medic team was already waiting. Then Chewie came back out with Luke, looking deathly pale and wounds still bleeding. Leia gasped and covered her eyes, so she wouldn’t have to look at her twin’s injured form. Han felt like crying, but decided to stay strong. He came and hugged his worried children, and picked up Ben to take with them to the med center. Ben was sobbing, worried about his mom and dad, and Leia held Padmè in her arms for dear life. Leia looked at Han, and Han kissed her head. “It’ll be fine,” he murmured, and she shook her head. “I can’t feel him,” she whispered, her voice completely choked with despair. Han held Ben tighter and said to his wife, “Leia, don’t talk like that. They’ll be fine. We’ll get to the med center, and the doctors will be able to fix everything. You’ll see.” Leia choked back a sob and mumbled, “Okay.”

*Leia’s POV*
No. No, no, no, no, no, NO. This was NOT supposed to happen!! Luke and Mara were coming home for a vacation, not to die!!! I’m now sitting in the Med Center with Han and the kids, but I feel totally awful. The doctors won’t tell us anything, and all we can do is wait. I’m still holding Luke and Mara’s daughter Padmè. Padmè is the sweetest most intellectual baby I’ve ever seen. Her little eyes are so filled with wonder and concern. She cried like crazy for her parents, and it almost made me think like she KNEW something was going to happen to them. She almost looked relieved to see me and Han, and she kept reaching for the door to Luke’s room. Finally the doctor came to speak with us. Mara would be okay, her damage was mainly from stress and over exhaustion causing her to pass out. Luke however wouldn’t be so okay. He was cut and bloody, and doctors are afraid that infection was going to set in. Luke was going into a bacta bath now, but I’m still SUPER worried. He’s my little brother. How can I NOT be worried about him? He and Mara were hoping to have a fun family vacation and all they get is that stupid blockade that should’ve been removed weeks ago…… it’s all my fault. Luke and Mara blowing up, the blockade, it’s all my fault. I haven’t been able to get the stupid trade federation out of the Coruscant system, so it’s all my fault that Luke is nearly dead! It’s all my fault that I didn’t get to say goodbye, or that his kids are crying, or that the baby is reaching for her dad. I cry tears of despair and distress. Han tries and comforts me, but I can’t be consoled. The kids try and assure me everything will be fine, but I’m too worried to care. My brother and my sister in law are nearly dead, all because of me. I knew I wasn’t technically responsible, but I still felt the guilt. Han keeps trying to assure me that everyone will be fine, but he doesn’t know that! Luke could die, leaving Mara and two kids totally alone, and he could leave me too. I choked back another sob. Jaina and Jacen were itching to see their aunt and uncle. I forgot that Luke and Mara were training them as Padawans. Jaina was very worried, but she refused to let herself cry, because it was un Jedi-like. I held her and told her that it would be okay, but once again, how was I supposed to know? Would it really be okay?

*Mara’s POV*
I woke up. I blinked my eyes and stared around the room, trying desperately to remember where I was and how I got there. Then I remembered. Memories of the blast and the crash flew back into my mind. “LUKE!” I cried, searching frantically around the room for him. I was in the Coruscant Med Bay, and I could see bacta bandages on my arm and felt one on my forehead. Just then, Leia came in, and she tried to calm me down. I suppose I was still in total shock, because I started crying and screaming for Luke and my children. Leia sat next to me and hugged me close and tried to calm me down but when she failed she called Han in to calm me down. I broke down and started sobbing hysterically, begging my sister in law, “Luke? Where’s Luke?? Is he alive? LUKE?!?” I was pretty much freaking out. Leia looked at Han in desperation and Han said in the nicest voice I’d ever heard him use toward me, “Listen Jade, you saved him. Luke will be fine. He’s in the ICU now, but only because he had some bad burns. He’s going into a Bacta bath. Everything will be fine.” Leia nodded and hugged me again. I nodded numbly but let my tears fall. Leia stayed with me for a while, making sure I was okay. She told me that she was taking care of the baby and Ben, and not to worry about them. I couldn’t help but worry about them, they were my children. Then Leia told me to get some rest and I laid back in the hospital bed, using a Jedi Mind Trick to calm myself down. Eventually I did, and I was asleep.

*Han’s POV*
I don’t think I’d ever seen Mara Jade so upset. She was so worried for her husband, and crying hysterically because of what had happened. Come to think of it, I’d never seen Jade so upset about anything. She’s been in tougher places than that ship….so why did she flip out? Leia said that she would’ve done the same thing is she had been in Mara’s place, but I still didn’t understand it. Leia told me that it has to do with being a mother, and that it changes a person. She said that if I ever got injured like Luke was, she’d be hysterical too. I suppose she’s right, but then again women are ALWAYS emotional about everything. I hope the kid will be alright, I mean, Mara will be destroyed if he wasn’t. Leia too. And the kids. And….me. The doctor’s coming and Leia stood up to talk to him. She was still holding Mara and Luke’s daughter, Padmè. Leia was a natural with children. She held that baby on her shoulder, and let the baby play with her hair. I smiled a little bit. Maybe Leia would like playing with the baby so much, she’d want another one. I know I miss getting to father my kids, since I’m not a Jedi and they’re all the way on Yavin all the time. Luke told me I can be an honorary Jedi Master, and that I was welcome in the Temple anytime, but I still felt a little out of place. Leia walked back over to me now, a smile brightening up her beautiful face. “Luke’s doing just fine.” She said sounding incredibly relieved, “He should be waking up from the bacta any minute now.” I nodded and smiled at Leia. “Mara just got out of a bacta bath too. She’s fine as well. This vacation might still happen!” Leia said, seeming very excited. I smiled at her again and wrapped her in a hug. She kissed my cheek and said, “I’m going to go check on Luke. Watch the kids.” I nod again and smile as she said nothing about me taking the baby. I don’t think she’ll want to give that baby back.

*3rd Person POV*
Leia Organa Solo walked toward her brother Luke’s hospital room quickly, still holding Luke and Mara’s daughter, Padmè. She quietly walked into the room, and saw Luke, his face and body totally healed except for a few small scars. Overall, he looked just fine. Leia smiled in relief and sat in a chair next to his bedside. She grabbed his right hand, which she didn’t even think of as a cybernetic anymore, and waited for him to wake up. Padmè woke up first, and shifted on Leia’s shoulder. The little baby spun to see her daddy, and smiled and squealed excitedly. “Da!!!” she called, trying to get out of Leia’s arms. Leia looked confused, was that Padmè’s first word? She smiled as the baby crawled onto Luke’s chest. Leia tried to get the little girl off, but Padmè was intent on staying there. Leia smiled as Luke’s eyes flickered open, and filled with tears as he saw his little girl sitting on top of him. He tightened his grip on Leia’s hand, and grabbed the baby with his other. “Luke..” Leia started, beginning to cry, and Padmè interrupted her by shouting out, “Da!!” Luke sat up on the hoverbed and smiled in shock. “Ley,” he said to his sister, “That was her first word! Padmè’s first word was Dad!!” He looked so proud and happy, Leia nearly cried. Luke began to focus and tried to remember what had happened and why he was in the Med Center. Leia saw (and felt) his confusion, and explained about Mara, and the blast, but assured him that everything was fine. Luke nodded and stretched his legs, wanting to get up off the bed. Leia shook her head and pushed him back onto the bed. “Don’t you dare!” she almost yelled at him. “Luke, you were just REALLY injured! You’re going to stay on that bed until the medic says you can leave.” Luke chuckled but listened to his twin. “Is Mara awake?” he asked, hoping to see his wife. Leia shook her head. “Not yet. She’s in a different room. I’m going to check on her next.” She said, and Luke nodded. “Tell her I love her.” He said and gave his sister a hug. Reluctantly, Luke handed back Padmè who was trying to catch her dad’s nose again. Leia held the baby in her arms and smiled at Luke, glad he was okay. “You gonna be okay?” she asked him, just for reassurance. “Yeah. I don’t want to spend my whole vacation in a med center. You tell that doctor to get the heck in here.” He said laughingly. Leia nodded and Padmè waved at her Daddy as they walked out the door. Luke sighed and laid back on his bed, still in total amazement that his baby girl said his name as her first word. Then he started to cry.

Yay!!!! I've got one more chapter done, so I'll post it after you tell me what y'all think!!!!! Very Happy I think I finally got a hold of how to work the sizing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kat Kiele

Kat Kiele

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 pm

It is awesome!! Love it!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Jeditography
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks Atina!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Man girl you are really good at writing!!!!!!! Can't wate for the next chapter?!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Haha, thanks sokafan4ever!!!! Very Happy I'll post the next chapter asap. Wink
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Ok good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby Padmè is soooooooo cute!!!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Aww, thanks!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Your welcome!!!!!!! I love reading fanfictons!!! They are soooo funny!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Wow! That was a good chapter! Im excited for the next one!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Okay, I'll post Chapter 4!!! i'm in the middle of Chapter 5, and so far so good! This chapter is sorta long, but not too bad. Wink Chapter 5 is funny. Razz Now......for chapter 4! cheerleader YAY!

Chapter 4:
*Mara’s POV*
I blinked open my eyes and immediately felt the stickiness of Bacta. Bacta smells like medicine, and it feels sticky and uncomfortable. I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and saw little scars on my hands where I was cut up by metal, and felt my head, right above my eyebrow and felt a tiny scar where my head hit the damaged dash earlier that day. My eyes came into focus and I saw Leia standing in the doorway, holding my daughter in her arms. I nearly cried, but instead I smiled and motioned for her to come in. I was definitely feeling back to my old self, and I hugged Leia and took the baby from her arms. Leia smiled at me and said, “She said her first word.” I looked up in surprise and said in shock, “What? When? What was it?” Leia smiled brightly at me and said, “Only a few minutes ago. We went and saw Luke, and she said, “Da” to him. It made Luke cry.” I felt tears of joy escape my eyes. Luke was okay. He was alive, and he cried when Padmè said her first word to him!! I kissed the baby’s head and smiled down at her. Then Padmè surprised me by saying excitedly, “Mama!!!” I laughed and looked at Leia, who looked incredibly surprised. “She just said her second word!” Leia exclaimed. I nodded and kissed the baby again. Padmè called me Mama. It made my heart swell. Luke got the first word, but I got the second. I turned to Leia and asked her, “Is Luke okay? What happened?” Leia assured me he was fine, and if the doctors were okay with it, we could still go on with our vacation plans. I was relieved. Then the doctor came in and told me that I was released, and I was healthier than ever. I was so glad. I stood up and followed Leia to the rest of the family.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Han, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben were sitting in a waiting room, waiting and worrying about Luke and I. Ben’s face lit up as he saw me walk down the hallway, totally fine. He leaped and jumped to me, crying into my robes. I handed Padmè to Leia and picked up my son, hugging him with all my heart. I kissed his head and held him tight, letting him know that I was okay. He cried and told me how worried he was that I was dead. He didn’t want to let go of me. I made him get down, and hugged Jaina, who was too worried about her Aunt to care about treating me like a Master. I didn’t mind, and she knew that I wasn’t too keen on making her call me Master, because she was my niece. I hugged Jacen and Anakin too, and I even gave Han a hug. He awkwardly hugged me back and I winked at Leia who laughed at us. I sat comfortably in the chair, totally back to normal. I felt great, and now that I knew Luke was okay, I wasn’t in a panic like I was before. I held Ben on my lap and Padmè in my arms, and Leia said it was so cute, she had to take a holo. I laughed as Leia grabbed her datapad and put it on the holographer setting. She smiled at us and snapped a few good holos. “Always the mother Leia,” I said teasingly and she laughed but didn’t disagree.

*Luke’s POV*
I was so ecstatic that I got to see Padmè’s first words, and that her first word was my name. I know it’ll be something I will never ever forget. I was feeling fine, but a little guilty that I put poor Mara through that. Leia told me that she flipped out, and went into a hysteria of worry. I now feel really guilty about that, but figured I could make up for it later. I sat up as the doctor came in to tell me that I was free to go, but that I had to take it easy for a few days. I agreed, and the doctor told me that my family was in the waiting room, including my wife. I thanked the doctor, and he told me goodbye, calling me ‘Master Skywalker’. I smiled, and nodded goodbye. Then I grabbed my regular clothes, and after changing into them, I walked down the hall to the waiting room. Mara stood up, leaving Ben on the chair behind her, and handed Padmè to Leia. Leia smiled seeing me walk down the hall, and Mara ran toward me, wrapping me in a tight hug. “I’m sorry,” I whispered in her ear, hugging her back. “Don’t you ever do that to me again.” She whispered back, and we kissed passionately. I didn’t even care that my sister or brother in-law were watching. The kids did mind however. Jacen and Anakin both said, “Ewww!!!!” and Jaina said, “Awww!!!!” Ben barreled toward me after Mara and I released and jumped onto my leg. I held him tight and said, “Hey sport!” he replied, “Dad!! I was so scared you died!” I laughed and told him, “No, you’re stuck with me a little longer.” He nodded and wrapped his arms around my neck. I walked toward Leia and she handed me Padmè. Padmè’s little face brightened and she squealed, “Da!! Da!!!!” I laughed and Mara smiled at me. I kissed the baby, and then hugged my sister. Han smiled at me and stood up. He ruffled my hair, and winked at me. “Good to see ya kid.” He said and picked up Ben from the ground. “Uncle Han,” Ben said, “Can you take me to the park?” I laughed and said before Han could answer, “Well, I guess this means the vacation is back on!” Mara nodded and took Padmè from me. “Yes, it does. Now lets go.” Leia, Han, Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Mara holding Padmè, and I walked out of the Med Center and got into the Solos large speeder so we could go back to 500 Republica, Han and Leia’s apartment.

*Mara’s POV*
I held Luke’s hand as we walked through the apartment building toward Han and Leia’s place. The building was actually quite nice, someplace I’d like to live, should we move the Temple to Coruscant. The rooms were spread apart from each other, and judging from Han and Leia’s apartment, they were very spacious, and family friendly, with three rooms. That was already bigger than our place on Yavin, which was only barely big enough for me, Luke, Ben and the baby. Ben and Padmè shared a room for a while, but her crying was making him sleep deprived, so we moved the baby into our room. To make a long story short, Luke and I became the sleep deprived ones of the house, and the cramped quarters didn’t make it better. I was surprised by how much space Han and Leia had! Jacen and Anakin shared a room, and Jaina (being the only girl) had her own. Then there was Han and Leia’s master bedroom, which was HUGE compared to Luke and I’s small room. Ben had already ran off with his cousins by the time we reached the apartment, letting Luke, Leia, Han and I have some time to talk alone. Leia apologized for the trouble and kept asking if we were okay. Luke and I both assured her we were just fine, and to stop worrying. Han asked Luke how Kyp was doing, since Han and Kyp had a special bond, because Han had found Kyp when he was just a troubled teenager. I smiled an added my comments as Luke spoke about the Temple and it’s growth, and I became a little more engaged when Luke started explaining to his sister and brother in-law about his possible plans to move the Temple to Coruscant. “We could have the main Temple be on Yavin, but it would be easier to reach more students if we were somewhere else….like on Coruscant.” He said, and I nodded. “We wouldn’t be gone as often,” I added and Luke continued, “Uh-Huh, and the kids could be here. We could move the Temple from Yavin to here, or leave it partially on Yavin. It depends. We were even thinking about using it as a training and excersise testing ground.” Leia nodded, as did Han. Leia said, “Having the Jedi on Coruscant would be great. I could work with you more, and we would be able to be a family more as well. The Jedi could handle the problems like our friends in the atmosphere too.” She added rolling her eyes and looking apologetic. Luke smiled and said, “Do we need to present this before the High Command or anything first?” Technically I think “High Command” was changed to Senate or just New Republic but out of old habit Luke and Han still called it High Command. “Yes,” Leia said, “But it shouldn’t be a problem. Most of the senators and politicians like Jedi. The ones that don’t will most likely be outvoted.” Han nodded. “The crime would be easier to handle too if there were Jedi on planet to keep people in check,” he added and Leia nodded too. “It sounds like a great idea Luke. I can put it before the senate tomorrow if you’d like.” Luke smiled and looked at me. “What do you think Mara? Should we go ahead and try?” I was surprised that he was asking me first, I mean, he was the Grand Jedi Master, he was in charge of everything. I grinned at him and said, “Definitely. I think it’s for the best.” Leia smiled and clapped her hands together. “Sounds like a plan.” She said and looked at Han. “You guys want to go out somewhere for dinner? You two have had a pretty crazy day.” Luke and I looked at each other and nodded. “That sounds wonderful.” I said, and Luke added, “You two pick, you know the town better than we do.” Leia laughed and called, “Jace!!!! Jay!!! Anakin!!! Get in here!” I laughed at how Leia’s voice could carry. She sure was LOUD. The Solo kids plus Ben came running in from Jace and Ani’s room, and they all immediately came and made themselves comfortable. Ben sat on Luke’s knee, I held the baby, and Jacen and Jaina squeezed in between their mom and dad. Anakin sat on the arm of the couch, but with one pointed look from Leia, he got down and sat on the other side of Han. Han smiled and said, “So kids, your aunt and uncle are hungry. Where should we go?” The Solo kids immediately smiled and replied, “Dex’s Diner!!!” Han and Leia laughed, and Han said, “Okay then. Let’s head over to Dex’s!” Luke and I stood up and followed Han and Leia outside to their speeder. It was a family model, large and already equipped with baby seats and buckles. I smiled and elbowed Luke, whispering to him, “This is what we’d get, if we make the move.” He smiled at me and moved aside to let me in the speeder first. We got in the speeder, and Han drove. That made me slightly nervous, but I calmed down when I found out the restaurant was only a few blocks away.
(A/N: Okay, so I know that Dex’s Diner was destroyed during/after the Jedi Purge, but I think this idea is too cool to pass up. While this is AU, I might as well let Dex live. Apparently Dex goes to become one of the Erased, people who erase all records of their existence. So yeah. But I thought Dex would be a cool ally/friend of the Solo/Skywalker clan.)

*3rd Person POV*
The family made their way toward the middle of Coruscant. They went to Dex’s Diner, ready to finally enjoy a meal together as a family. “Well Han Solo, as I live and breathe!” said Dex Jettester, owner and operator of the famed Dex’s Diner. Han smiled and waved at Dex and grinned as the kids ran in and went to the Solo family’s normal booth. “Jacen, Jaina and little Anakin!” Dex exclaimed, and continued, “And Mrs. Solo, it’s nice to see you as well.” He said to Leia, extending one of his four Besalisk arms. Leia grinned and nodded in greeting. “Hey Dex, we’ll just get the usual!” Han called to him, taking a seat with the kids. “Don’t think I’ve met your friends,” Dex said, making drinks with one arm, grabbing place settings with another, and gesturing to Leia with another. Leia smiled and said, “This is my brother Luke Skywalker, and his wife Mara Jade Skywalker. And these are their kids, Ben and Padmè.” Dex smiled and said, “Nice to meet you. I knew an Anakin Skywalker once. You don’t happen to know him do you?” Luke smiled and replied, “Anakin Skywalker was my father.” Dex smiled a big smile and said, “That explains your good looks. And you’re pretty wife. Anakin always was a hit with the ladies.” Luke laughed and squeezed Mara’s hand. Dex brought out the family’s food a few minutes later, and noticed Luke’s lightsaber for the first time. “Woah!” he exclaimed. “That’s a Jedi weapon Luke’s face lit up. “I’m a Jedi!” he replied and smiled at Mara. Dex looked at him gaping. “You serious? And here I thought the Jedi were gone years ago! There ain’t an order anymore you know.” He said. Luke smiled and held Mara’s hand. “There is now. I started the New Jedi Order. I run it with my wife Mara Jade.” Dex smiled and shook Luke’s hand excitedly. “Dex Jettester at you’re service Master Jedi!!!” he cried, “I was quite a friend to Jedi in the old days. Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker….” Luke gasped and smiled at his wife and his sister. “Obi-Wan Kenobi? He was my first Jedi Master! He’s the one that introduced me to the Force!!” Dex laughed a hearty laugh and nodded, “Obi-Wan was one of my best friends.” Luke smiled. “That’s great! We’re thinking about moving our Jedi Temple back to Coruscant.” Dex grinned and clapped two of his four hands together. “Well I’ll be. Let me know if you ever need anything! We get information and intelligence here at the Diner. We always give our info to Jedi first.” Luke smiled and laughed. “This is my new favorite place to eat,” Mara said, and Luke agreed. Dex went back into the kitchen and brought out some sweets for the kids. Ben, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin cheered at the candies and ice cream that was presented before them. Luke, Mara, Leia and Han smiled and Han tipped Dex big. Dex smiled at Han and shook each of the adults’ hands as they left the diner, after having a filling and delicious meal.

I hope y'all liked it!!!!!!! Very Happy Let me know what you think! Also, give me ideas!!!!! All I've got planned is chapter 5, and it's still being written. I'm also working on Part 6 of Trapped in the Star Wars Universe. It too needs some ideas/inspiration. Razz grinning Once I finish Chapter 5 I'll post it. Luke and Han are pretty funny. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:10 pm

I love it Jedi~Chick I hardly know anything about Mara but I love the way you capture her! You do it better than what I have read on fanfiction.net! Its awesome you brought Dex in I always liked him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life with the Skywalkers!!    Life with the Skywalkers!!   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life with the Skywalkers!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next