Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt vs Hayden

Go down 
+16
jedigirl1990
Pinksaber13
Starwarsartist
Cia Klivian
Dancing with Anakin
Wolffe's Chick
Rex'sgirl
Supreme Emperor Palpatine
sokafan4ever
shaak ti
Obi-Wan's Padawan
Winter Celchu27
Jedi~Chick
allishmalli
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Leia Organa
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leia Organa
Founder
Founder
Leia Organa

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 am

Who do you prefer? Why?

I prefer Matt Lanter. I actually think he should have played Anakin in the prequels. He's a better actor as well. As I watched the Mortis episodes, I kept saying "This is putting Hayden to shame." because he was doing such a great job of voice acting.

Matt feels more like how Anakin should feel then Hayden.

But a plus for Hayden is he was the PERFECT dark side Anakin. He did the dark side scenes beautifully.

-Leia <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.organamajor.blogspot.com/
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm

I honestly don't have much of an opinion on this. I like Clone Wars Anakin sooo much better than movie Anakin, but that has to do with the personalities, not the actors. The actors were both portraying Anakin the way George Lucas told them to. I will say that Matt Lanter is cuter though!!! <3
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Ooh... I dunno. They're both pretty good. I do think the reason people like Matt more is because in the movies, we get Anakin's "turning points" and "moody scenes" whereas TCW, we get the really fun, humorous, more likable Anakin and since Matt voices that side of Anakin, he gets all the screaming girls. Honestly, I think that Hayden probably would have brought the same thing if he had the chance to portray Anakin in TCW. But really it's shouldn't be, "Oh, Hayden's not good and Matt's better" because we ended up getting the more dark, emotional, uptight version of Anakin when Hayden was portraying him. Blame it on the script, not the actor. To sum up my ranting, I agree with DSK.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm

I like Matt Lanter. Smile He's cute!! Wink LOL! I think he gets Anakin's cocky, I'm all that and the Chosen One attitude down, then adding the Hero with No Fear, and you've got my husband. Wink LOL! Hayden did a great job in ROTS, but it was so dark!!! He got Anakin perfect there, but in AOTC there were some scenes where I was like...."Ummm, that sounds SO cheesy!" LOL! I still squealed though. Wink I don't like Anakin's moodiness. That's why I like TCW Ani, he's more cocky, Hero with no Fear like than movies Anakin. Razz So ends my rant........I also sorta agree with Allishmalli on this too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:04 pm

I must add that Hayden never had a fair shot. He never did have a chance to be "cocky Anakin". And Matt so far has never had the chance to be "Moody Anakin". So, I'm not sure if we should be judging them because we've never seen their other side. Both of them are cute, talented, script-following actors that play one of the best Jedi/Sith ever.
Back to top Go down
Winter Celchu27

Winter Celchu27

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Matt Lanter is way better then Hayden!!! Acting, I mean.
Back to top Go down
Obi-Wan's Padawan

Obi-Wan's Padawan

Location : In The Room of a Thousand Fountains....writing to my heart's content. :)

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:03 pm

I think that Matt could definately could have played Anakin in the actual movies... but I don't think he could have have played the 'dark' Anakin with the same intensity that Hayden did. Plus, i can't really envision Matt doing the role with Ewan, Natalie, or the other actors from the origional films. They both are great at what they have done/are doing and i wouldn't have it any other way. Personally though, i think Matt is much cuter than Hayden. cheers
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:15 pm

They both do a good job with the side of Anikin that they potray
Back to top Go down
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:37 am

Matt Matt Matt Matt! I love Matt he is Waaay cuter a better actor and is REALLY funny!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 am

OMG they r both liek soooooo hawt!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex'sgirl
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rex'sgirl

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 am

Matt Lanter I would say! I love how he portrays Anakin he does such a awesome job!! I think the best I heard of Matt would have to be Alter of Mortis! Not that he doesn't do a good job all the time but the way he did Anakin's emotions on that episode just left me thinking WOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlonthefarm.blogspot.com/
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:32 pm

well, they both did a wonderful job on who they potrayed. They both got me as a screaming fangirl, but Matt's character of *coughcoughverysuperhawtcough* Ani is more fun and light hearted, so it makes his acting more likeable. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:21 pm

I like both Matt and Hayden. First of all, they're both hot. Secondly, they show different qualities of Anakin. Matt shows a strong, guided Anakin while Hayden shows more emotion and insecurity. Sometimes Matt comes off blunt because he shows no real emotion. Overall, I like Matt's voice but Hayden's emotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.plcohmy.com
Dancing with Anakin

Dancing with Anakin

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am

Cad Bane's chick wrote:
I like both Matt and Hayden. First of all, they're both hot. Secondly, they show different qualities of Anakin. Matt shows a strong, guided Anakin while Hayden shows more emotion and insecurity. Sometimes Matt comes off blunt because he shows no real emotion. Overall, I like Matt's voice but Hayden's emotion.

You put it perfectly!

They both shine at their different parts of the same character. I also think Hayden did a much better job with Natalie and Ewan than Matt probably would have done.

Matt is doing a fantastic job as CW Anakin, but I'll always see Anakin as Hayden's character.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm

I concur. When someone mentions Anakin, unless I know they are talking about TCW, I automatically think of Hayden. And Matt might have not done as good a job with Natalie and Ewan as Hayden did.
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am

Matt does WAY better. Hayden just wasn't a good actor at the time of the prequels. Made it worse that he had romantic scenes, he pretty much killed the mood in those. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Well, I hated Anakin in the movies. I actually cringed during some parts of Episode II. *cough*actingstick*cough*. Wink

When I think of Anakin, I think of the Clone Wars Anakin. I found Matt's portrayal of him waay better than Hayden's.
Back to top Go down
Pinksaber13

Pinksaber13

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Matt Lanter. He's a much better Anakin. I can't say Hayden's last name, and he kinda looks like a girl (the hair)... Not that there's anything wrong with girls XD
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Chris-ten-sen. That's how you pronounce it (I think).
Back to top Go down
Cia Klivian

Cia Klivian

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I've always said it like Christian-sen Razz Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.anautumnday.blogspot.com
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Tahiri Veila wrote:
I've always said it like Christian-sen Razz Lol

Me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.plcohmy.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm

When I put it into my "Type n Talk" app, it came out Chris-ten-sen.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:24 pm

I personally think they are both extreamly talented in the parts they protray. Though its the same character they are completly different. But prequel anakin (and Hayden) is what attracted me to starwars in the first place. I think Hayden got a lot of unfair hate for his role and i thought he did an outstanding job (he is one of my favorite actors) as far as the love scenes which he gets a lot of grief over keep in mind anakin is a jedi he never had expreince with a girl so of course hes going to be awkward (i though it was protrayed well)

Anakin in the movies is suppose to me dark they have to show his progression to the darkside fairly quickly in the clone wars he is more of the hero and charming anakin. So i think both are very talented and protray "their anakin" very well so i couldnt choose between them who was better because they are two different personalities and really two different roles

sorry for the long post but i tend to be very protective over Hayden (since he is one of my faves Smile )
Back to top Go down
AlynaJoe13

AlynaJoe13

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:47 pm

I, personally, like Anakin in the movies. Heh, I did always cringe you a bit at the love scenes but I think that was more the writers' faults than anything. I mean, I don't really think there was a good way to deliver those lines. Haha! But anyway.

My thoughts are along the same lines as yours, Jedigirl. I mean, there's only so much time given to them in two movies. And the progression of him to the dark side was kind of rushed, as opposed to the Clone Wars, where they have the whole series. I like Anakin in the series too, cause he's a little more laid back. I think Hayden did the best anyone really could. lol I sometimes have a bit of a hard time connecting the two Anakins. So I don't really know which one I like best. I think Hayden will always hold a place close to my heart, as he was the first Anakin I really ever saw as a kid. lol
Back to top Go down
SnipsSkywalker
VIP Member
VIP Member
SnipsSkywalker

Location : You know... that place where people do stuff with things.

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:53 pm

I like him in the movies as well!! He is a little... flat sometimes, but it's not terrible Razz I really do like the Clone Wars Ani better, though. Cuter, funnier, less stick-like, nicer ect. XD Hayden was the original, though, and I'll always love him too loveyoda
Back to top Go down
http://snipssnipssnipsadmin.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Matt vs Hayden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt vs Hayden   Matt vs Hayden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt vs Hayden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next