Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Star Wars Movies Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

General Star Wars Movies Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Star Wars Movies Discussion   General Star Wars Movies Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 8:42 pm

Okay, so I noticed that (as of Feb. 14th, 2016) we really mostly have topics related to the new movies... okay, scratch that, we have two other topics relating to the other movies ("What is your favorite Star Wars movie?", "Who are your favorite Star Wars characters?").

Well, I think that should change. I'm not sure if we should have a topic for each movie or even a topic for the OT and a topic for the PT. But, for right now, I think a General Star Wars Movie Discussion is needed. After all, the OT and PT are the ones that started it all, and without them, we wouldn't have TLH.

So... what should we discuss?

Hmm...

Ooh, I know! I saw a theory earlier today about Revenge of the Sith that's really interesting...

So, y'all know how at the end of RotS, Padmé dies... apparently of a broken heart? Well, this theory says otherwise...

Part 1: http://www.retrozap.com/padme-didnt-die-of-a-broken-heart/

Part 2: http://www.retrozap.com/padme-didnt-die-of-a-broken-heart-part-two/

So, yeah... this brings a total new perspective on Padmé's death, something I needed because lately when I've thought about her dying from "loosing the will to live", it's made me a bit upset. But now this whole thing about the Living Force being sucked out of her makes much more sense and I think it's a much better way for her to go than to just have her loose the will to live. In short, I think I'm probably going to subscribe to this theory.

So, what do y'all think?

And is there anything else y'all'd like to discuss?

EDIT (03-02-16): Someone made a video of this theory and it somehow makes even more sense than the article (not sure how). Maybe I just learn better from videos...

So, what do y'all think?

And, again, is there anything else y'all'd like to discuss?
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Movies Discussion   General Star Wars Movies Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Okay, so obviously, y'all haven't taken to that particular post/theory... looks like I need to find something else to discuss...

Hmm... what should we discuss?

Should we discuss each Star Wars movie, and share what we like and dislike about each movie?

Should we re-share (since most of us have already done it on topic that's currently in the archives) how we each got into Star Wars?

Should I just delete the topic since I don't know what to discuss?

Hmm... ... ... Oh, I know! I was looking through the archives and I found this discussion that I think we should resurrect (if we feel that it's worth resurrecting, of course).

Jamie Joyce wrote:
I've heard a lot of people say that the Star Wars Saga is really telling Anakin's story, not Luke's. For a while I was a little upset because, hey, the Originals all mostly centered on Luke not Darth Vadar! But than I realized that the Saga was not telling just one man's story but a family's story. This wasn't just Anakin's story nor just Luke's. This was the Skywalker story! It was a story of TWO generations of the same family and how they effected the galaxy. While Anakin's story is more over-arching, I've gotten a grip with this whole topic and am willing to say that the center stage all isn't on Luke. It's on Luke's family and also his father. This is a multi-generational story of love, failure, faith and forgiveness. I like that. Smile

What do you all think? Agree? Disagree? Has anyone thought of this as well? Smile

Padme's Japor Snippet wrote:
Interesting topic. Smile I'm not 100% sure where I stand on this. The OT was about Anakin's redemption in a way, but it did also have to do with Luke's journey of course.

Hey, something to think about; my dad says that they were wrong when they thought Anakin was the chosen one- it was really Luke. What do you think? I'm not so sure because Anakin DID bring balance in destroying the Sith (the Emperor, and overcoming his Darth Vader side). So, thoughts about that as well? Smile If you're ok with that, Jamie. Smile

Jamie Joyce wrote:
That's rather why I think it's the family's story, not just one or the other. Smile

Wow, I'd never thought of that before... In honesty, at the end of ROTS, Anakin did bring balance in that there were only two Sith and two Jedi Masters were left when everything was finished. Now about Luke being the Chosen One... that's a new concept I've never heard before. Can you give me the reasons why your dad thinks Luke is the chosen one? Because how than do you explain the odd 'conception' with Shmi Skywalker from TPM? Smile And I don't mind a bit; anything that comes up from the topic is game to me!

Thanks for the reply; I like your banner.  Smile

Ashley Amidala wrote:
I think Luke was truly the chosen one as well, Qui Gon was feeling Anakin's son's powerfulness, even though he wasn't yet born.

But, I agree, I've never considered it Luke's or Anakin's story, but the Skywalker trilogy.

Jamie Joyce wrote:
That's a good point... I think I would rather like to believe Luke the chose one, but I'm biased because I love Luke way more than Anakin.

I'm glad to hear you agree!!! I hoped I wasn't a odd fish out of water. Smile

Padme's Japor Snippet wrote:
Thanks about the banner, Jamie; it was made for me. Smile

Well, Luke might be the chosen one instead of Anakin because Anakin failed; he turned to the dark side. Luke actually remained a true jedi. Without him, Anakin would have forever been enslaved to the dark side. Idea my dads, elaboration my own thoughts. Smile

Okay, that's enough quoting. Y'all get the point. Basically, the discussion question is now this: Who's really "The Chosen One": Anakin or Luke?

Personally, I think that Anakin is "The Chosen One". I know that Luke had a considerable part to play in the Emperor's death and bringing back Anakin to the Light Side, but I think that in Anakin's story, he's only a catalyst/helper for Vader to turn back into Anakin. Most "Chosen Ones" in stories do have help to fulfill their destinies, but they fulfill them on their own. Anakin chose to return when he saw Luke being electrocuted.

Anyone agree? Anyone disagree? Anyone want to add anything to the conversation? Anyone want to change the subject to something you feel is more worthy of discussion?
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Movies Discussion   General Star Wars Movies Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 5:13 pm

I like that you brought this topic back, and I think this question is even more relevant now that there are new Star Wars movies.

I always thought that Anakin was the chosen one because he is the one who defeated the Emperor in the end. I've also seen a theory that to truly bring balance to the Force it was necessary to destroy both the jedi and the sith, which Anakin did. It's pretty clear that the jedi had grown corrupt by the rise of the empire and gotten too involved in politics and war, so I kind of like the idea that the jedi and sith had to be destroyed to truly bring balance to the force, and allow for a sort of re-birth.

But lately I have been thinking something else: what if there isn't really even a "chosen one" to begin with? I mean, why would this chosen one have to bring balance to the force only to have balance messed up again by the time of Episode VII, when the Jedi have once again been destroyed and Luke and Rey are the only ones (at least that we know of)?
This idea was also brought about by reading the book Dune. Dune takes a very different approach to the trope of the chosen one, as it turns out the entire idea of there being a chosen one was just an idea planted among the locals of a planet by a group that was seeking to seize power by having one of their own end up being the chosen one. The main character does fulfill the "prophecy", but in the end it just brings destruction and chaos to his galaxy.
If the saga had ended at episode VI I would have stuck with the idea of Anakin being the chosen one, but now I find it much more interesting if there wasn't even a chosen one to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Movies Discussion   General Star Wars Movies Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 2:28 am

I think that Anakin was the chosen one, 100%. I also think he fulfilled the prophecy, as it was intended to be fulfilled- by bringing an end to the Sith. They no longer exist in Star Wars at this point, and they were kind of the main enemy of the first six movies. Anakin's story is over, but the galaxy keeps going, and there are consequences for his actions. (It just really sucks that it seems like Luke has spent his entire life paying for Anakin's mistakes. It's a wonder he hasn't turned to the dark side.)

I do like your theory Satine. I think, before I decide what I think one way or another, we need to find out more about the dark side users of the sequel trilogy- just how powerful are they? Where did Snoke come from? How did the Knights of Ren get started? What exactly are Snoke's ties to the Skywalker family? I also am very curious to see what kind of role Luke will have in the upcoming movies.

I also wonder if it's a good idea for Force users to form groups like the Jedi, the Sith, the Nightsisters and the Knights of Ren. It seems like it's really really easy for these groups to be massacred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Star Wars Movies Discussion   General Star Wars Movies Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Star Wars Movies Discussion
Page 1 of 1