Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MBTI Personality Types

Go down 
+3
Bluesaber3
allishmalli
Starwarsartist
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

MBTI Personality Types Empty
PostSubject: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 pm

I can't remember if we ever had an actual topic for this!

For those of you who don't know what MBTI is, it's basically this set of 16 personality types based off of combinations of 2 sets of 4 letters--

Introvert or Extrovert
Sensor or iNtuitive
Feeler or Thinker
Judger or Perceiver

The confusing part is when you get into the cognitive functions (yes, I'm a MBTI nerd xD) because the whole point of MBTI is not to conform to one of 16 stereotypes, it's to attempt to decipher how we think and make decisions.

Currently, this is my favorite test to get an idea of which type you may be (it includes the enneagram test as well, which is cool, but I haven't looked into that one) -- http://similarminds.com/embj.html

There was another one that I used to use more often, but it's actually more frequently wrong xD I used to think I was an INFJ until my best friend and I did a ton of research, and figured out that ESFJ actually makes a ton more sense for me. She (my best friend) thought she was an INTJ but actually is an ENTP xD

If you know what type you are or wanna find out, comment with your type or take the test and then do so! Very Happy It's always interesting to see how things fit in with people's individual personalities. I have a few same-type friends and it's cool to not only see how alike they are, but also observe their differences :0
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm either an INFJ or an ISFJ. I get very close percentages on the N/S. I think maybe that's changed as I got older.

I am definitely introverted- I always score high on that one no matter which test I take.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Awesome!!! I basically went from thinking I was an INFJ, to an ISFJ, to an ESFJ XDDD

It's funny because since I realized that I actually am more of an extrovert, I've become increasingly extroverted. It makes me feel great Very Happy I know that's not for everyone, of course, but for me, it makes me feel alive XDDD I think I suppressed a lot of it for various reasons.

Have you tried looking up the differences between INFJ and ISFJ? They're quite different, actually.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Every test I've taken says I'm an INFP. I feel like the description, while not 100% accurate, is scarily close to what I'm like: http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

I've heard it explained that we all have each personality letter inside of us, it's just a matter of what's dominate for us, similar to being right-handed or left-handed.

I also think I read somewhere that your personality can somewhat change on what environment you're in. If you're in an environment (e.g. school, work, etc.) that sort of requires you to be something, you can be it (sometimes it just doesn't happen), it's just when you get in a more comfortable environment where your true personality shines through.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:14 pm

That's awesome! Very Happy INFPs are rad

Oh, we do have all the letters! In fact, your four dominant functions are one of each, but it depends on which letters make up your type that determine the E/I on those functions.

Like, my functions as an ESFJ are Fe, Si, Ne, Ti.

I wish it was easier to contain and condense all the stuff I've read about MBTI xD I've spent entire full days talking about it with my best friend XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:03 am

I'm an INFP too, Alli! Very Happy *high fives*

For a long time I wasn't sure if I was a J or a P, but after doing some research, I'm pretty confident that I'm an INFP.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 am

Yay!!!! Do you think you two are similar? :3

Are there any types that you are fascinated by? I happen to be really fascinated by INTJs. A close old friend of mine, as well as the guy I have a crush on are both INTJs
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm an ENTJ Smile The description is usually pretty accurate to me, but I'm more... idk i guess friendly? than most people tend to think of ENTJ's

I may be calculating, but i'm not cold xD

ISFPs fascinate me, I've had a few ISFP friends, and we get along pretty well- kind of an "opposites attract" thing, I guess.

I have a lot of INFP friends, too (cool to know that you are one, too, Alli!). I've had lots of deep, interesting conversations with them and I find that that they're very trustworthy Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Awesome!! Very Happy I think the general stereotype of NT's being cold in general is just stupid xDDD I have some amazing NT friends.

I know an ISFP that may or may not actually BE an ISFP, but either way, she's certainly really interesting and mysterious.

I hadn't met an ENTJ before meeting you, Shaak Ti! :3
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 pm

cool!
haha we're kind of rare xD (fun fact: only 1% of women are ENTJs)
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 pm

NT women in general are pretty rare! I think the rarest type in women is INTJ.

Apparently my type, ESFJ, is pretty common in women xDDDD I prefer to think of myself as unique, but whatever -3- XDDDD
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 pm

you are unique! I like to use the types as a guide of how to better myself and manage stress, or to understand why i do things better, not as a box to fit myself in xD
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Thank!!! Oh, for sure!! Very Happy I use it that way as well. It's just kinda weird/annoying how certain people on the internet are like "OOOOH RARE TYPES" and like "ew S's are boring" XDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:08 pm

omg right! and if someone's a "rare" type, then there's like 3,000,000 other people out there like them xD

(my math is bad. i just randomly typed a huge number haha)
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm

XDDDDD Yeah, when I thought I was an INFJ, my best friend and I collectively knew like 12 of them, and INFJs are supposed to be the rarest overall.

Of course, several of them may have been mistyped, like myself. XD
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Hey, I found a chart that tells you what personality types your personality type is most compatible with (not that you should be worried if you have a friend or date who has a personality type that is not compatible with yours).

http://myersandbriggs.tumblr.com/image/97570783691

(Sorry, the picture won't come up on its own)
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Mmmmmh.... I suppose I can see where it's trying to go with that, function-wise. It's a little weird though. I guess that it really just comes down to the fact that /ultimately/ MBTI doesn't determine compatibility xD (I, an ESFJ, have a crush on an INTJ, and INTJ is listed as LEAST compatible for ESFJ xD)

On that note though, what types do you generally tend to get along with? I get along really well with ENFPs, my best friend is an ENTP, I have a few INTJ friends...
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

That's very interesting! Mine are accurate for the most part, but I'd say I get along well with INFJs while the chart lists them as one of my least compatible. They tend to be very similar to me. I love hanging out with INTJs, which is what my brother is, and one of my best friends. I also get along very well with ENTJs.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Cool Very Happy

I think it's interesting to observe interactions with people who have all letters different except ONE from your type, and what you connect on, if you connect on anything at all.

For example, my best friend and I (ENTP and ESFJ) connect on a wide range of things, but it feels like it's generally filtered through a general extrovertedness excitement (though she's kinda ambiverted.)

Brian (INTJ) and I connect a lot on our J tendencies, and he's suuuper organized (and it's attractive xDD).

I guess also though I have a relatively developed N, for an S, probably due to the fact that most of my friends are Ns.

A funny story, when I thought I was an INFJ, I found out that one of my other friends was an INFJ, and I was like "whaaatt we're soooo different how even." But then I figured out I'm an ESFJ, and everything made sense again XDDDD
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:33 pm

haha! it's always fun to compare your type/your friends type! I have one friend who i'm pretty sure is an ESFP... he's an amazing actor and always has some crazy project he's working on, but he can't organize to save his life xD so he always gets me and another friend to help out bc she and i are good at that stuff lol

Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 am

xDDD That's awesome!!!

I find it amusing how well certain people get along even when they're nearly total opposites personality-wise. Mostly I observe this in my own life with my INTJs xD Brian and I are becoming more and more synchronized, even though our personalities are just about opposite XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:12 pm

So how good are you guys about determining people's personality types?

I've been reading up more on MBTI since I got to college and now I've gotten pretty good at predicting people's personality types. I correctly predicted one of my new friends as an INTJ, which actually wasn't that hard since I already have two other really close INTJ friends and she acted a lot like they do. I also correctly predicted my roommate as an INFJ, though again, I have a few pretty good INFJ friends so it was easier for me to see.

The hardest for me is when I run into a personality type I haven't met before. I usually type by comparison, so it's harder for me when I run into someone really different from the other people I know. I've gotten better about studying people's faces and gestures, though, and looking for signs of their cognitive functions.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 11:18 am

I usually am not very sure xD I've tried to type a couple people and been totally off. A lot of the friends I have now I already knew the types of very early on or even before meeting them.

One of my friends though thought she was an ISFP but is seeming now to be more of an INFJ. Because I used to think I was an INFJ and actually am not, I lost some of what I thought an INFJ should look like in some sense, so I'm having to relearn some things XD

All I know is that INTJs are lovelies and I want to protect them and love them XD they're so cute.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Yeah, I can be kinda hard sometimes, especially if they don't already know their types.

Yes! INTJs are amazing! They are so sweet. Also tend to have great senses of humor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth Tromeros

Darth Tromeros

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:40 pm

I am total INTJ. It's nice to see nice things said about us for once. xP
Back to top Go down
http://anthonyperkined.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MBTI Personality Types   MBTI Personality Types Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MBTI Personality Types
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Life and Stuff-
Jump to: