Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic TCW Talk

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

Agreed Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Ok, how about starting June 8th? And how about we watch the Clone Wars movie the first day and then do three episodes a day after that?
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:33 am

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Ok, how about starting June 8th? And how about we watch the Clone Wars movie the first day and then do three episodes a day after that?

Sounds good to me; though my parents are trying to keep me more busy this summer, so I can't guarantee that I'll always be caught up with y'all. I was actually a bit nervous that y'all had already started and I hadn't watched anything.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:52 pm

allishmalli wrote:

Sounds good to me; though my parents are trying to keep me more busy this summer, so I can't guarantee that I'll always be caught up with y'all. I was actually a bit nervous that y'all had already started and I hadn't watched anything.

It's ok, I'll probably be the same way. I have two jobs and I'm going on a trip to Tennessee , so I may not always be caught up either.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm up for it. I won't be busy that day Smile

So we're watching three eps a day or every Monday?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:11 am

Three a day. And like I said earlier, don't feel pressured to watch every single day if you're busy. Just join in on the days you can.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Okay, sounds good. I'm stuck home most of the time so it works out XD
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:30 pm

I know we (being TCW fans and all) already know a number of these facts, but I found 107 TCW facts:

Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:18 pm

I love that youtube series! How awesome that they did a video on The Clone Wars! Thanks for sharing it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 pm

One interesting fact (Fact #7) I noticed (even though I have seen it before) was that Hayden Christensen was interested in playing Anakin again, but he wasn't called back (and then obviously we got the wonderfully awesome Matt Lanter). Ever since I read/heard that, I've been extremely curious to know what that would've sounded like.

I know Hayden Christensen gets a lot of criticism for his portrayal of Anakin (I'm willing to defend some of it, but not all of it); but I've heard people (at least people who don't like his performance) argue that it wasn't his acting, just bad direction. Even though I haven't seen much of his other films, I have seen one other movie he was in (Shattered Glass... really good movie btw) and, in my opinion, he was pretty good in it (though I 'm not the best judge at acting skills). So with that admittedly limited knowledge, I do wonder if he could've given the same quality performance that Matt Lanter gave if given the same voice direction.

Since it's not exactly enough for me just to imagine it, I actually kinda want to (although I'm not going to) make a Kickstarter or something to (if he's not willing to do it for free) maybe get funds to hire Hayden Christensen to dub over a few clips from TCW (probably the ones that showed the most acting chops from Matt, and thus Hayden, if he dubbed them really well) and put them on YouTube or something, just to see/hear what it would've been like if they had asked him back.

Although, if I actually did it, (along with getting an actual director to make sure the dub was done well, whether it just be some director or someone from the show like Dave Filoni) I'd try and see if I could get Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor in on it too, just to complete the picture... and possibly get Ashley Eckstein to (at least) attempt that Icelandic accent talked about in Fact #17.

Last edited by allishmalli on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 pm

I thought that was interesting too! I always wondered what that would be like.

I agree with you, I actually think Hayden Christensen is a decent actor who was just given poor dialogue and direction. I still like Matt's portrayal of Anakin better, and it fits the Clone Wars show well, but I am very curious what Hayden's would have sounded like. And like you say, it would be very neat to listen to the entire movie cast doing the voices, just to compare.

Haha, what does an Icelandic accent even sound like? That always struck me as such a bizarre choice for Ahsoka's character, but I guess it's just hard to imagine Ashley not being Ahsoka no matter what kind of accent Ahsoka has.

Can I also just say it kills me to hear about all of the planned episodes and think about the awesome stuff we could have seen but now never will? Mad
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Haha, what does an Icelandic accent even sound like? That always struck me as such a bizarre choice for Ahsoka's character, but I guess it's just hard to imagine Ashley not being Ahsoka no matter what kind of accent Ahsoka has.

It is a bizarre choice, but I guess having such an unknown accent like that in your show is a way to introduce kids to other accents, or at least tries to add something else to your character (though just an accent seems like a flimsy way to make a character interesting).

Now that I think about it, I wonder how I would've reacted to Ahsoka having an Icelandic accent. Would I have related to her as much? Would I (as well as others) have found her more interesting/likable with a different accent? Would I have clung (is that even a word) to her as a character so much? It also makes me wonder about Ashley too... essentially those same questions come to my mind (especially if they had casted an actual 14-year-old).

As far for what it sounds like, I guess you can look up on YouTube what an Icelandic accent sounds like.

EDIT (a few hours later): I did find a video of a young woman using an Icelandic accent. Actually hearing it, it's actually not that bizarre (it's actually kinda pretty). To me (an admittedly untrained novice when it comes to accents), it sounds like a mix of other european accents... like German, Scandinavian, and Irish.

Her voice reminds me of my German friend (who I have not seen in years after she went back to Germany), but again, that's just me and I am not a professional when it comes to accents. I'm not even totally fluent in fake-British accent, despite the fact that I've been practicing since the fourth grade. Heck, my Southern accent (despite living in the "South" for 17 years... my birth state may or may not count, it might be more mid-western than south), is not very thick and if I want to talk thick, it sounds comical like I'm trying too hard.

Can I also just say it kills me to hear about all of the planned episodes and think about the awesome stuff we could have seen but now never will? Mad

Ugh, I know! It's frustrating to no end! I hate that so much creative potential was essentially lost, even if they do go ahead and adapt those stories to other mediums.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 7:08 pm

That is an interesting question. I honestly think I can relate to her more with the way her voice is now, but who knows, I'm sure an Icelandic accent would have been fine too.

Thank you for finding the clip! It is a very pretty accent. I could actually see it really fitting with their original idea for the character, Ashla. But then when they changed it up a bit and got to the Ahsoka we know now, I feel like Ashley's normal voice fits her better.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 pm

I concur, though I would still like to hear Ashley's Icelandic accent at some point; again, probably along with Hayden's, Ewan's, and Natalie's voices in some cool video. Plus, it would give us a chance to hear how much different the performances are and maybe give us a new appreciation for the actual TCW actors...
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Agreed! I think as this generation grows older the Clone Wars will only grow more prominent, since for a generation of fans it really is our Star Wars. So hopefully as people remember the Clone Wars we will get some cool stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic TCW Talk   Basic TCW Talk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic TCW Talk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2