Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Quotes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:31 pm

What are some of your favorite quotes or quotes that inspire you?
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
jedispork

jedispork

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 pm

"I tell you not for your comfort,
Yea, not for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher.

"Night shall be thrice night over you,
And heaven an iron cope.
Do you have joy without a cause,
Yea, faith without a hope?"

That's from The Ballad of the White Horse. It sounds very gloomy and depressing at first and without context, but it's actually very wonderful and beautiful. There are many beautiful nuances and ways to interpret this, especially in context with the rest of the work. It's saying that this world--this life--is extremely hard, but we should put our faith in God and eternal life, though it might not make sense by the standards of this world. That, with God, we have joy without a cause and faith without a hope. We'll be happy, confident, for we have eternal life, even when the world is against us and things grow very hard and the battle seems nigh impossible. But we should not let that dissuade us, for we have joy no matter what...without a cause.

I love that quote.
Back to top Go down
geek4God

geek4God

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:14 am

I love quotes! Some of my favorite are as follows:

"I try not to make plans. God always laughs at my plans. I'm just going to keep the door open, and keep the page blank and see what gets painted upon it."-Tom Hiddleston

"I dont have a choice. I have to go through it. I don't like it and its still scary- but I have to. So I think I might as well go through it with a good attitude."-Max Page (the kid who played little Darth Vader in the VW Superbowl commercial a few years ago.)

"Its amazing how a little kindness and a little love can impact someone in a big way."-John Cooper, Skillet.

"If you saw yourself the was God see's you, you would never feel insecure again."-Mrs. Kelly, my youth leader.

"You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. And I promise you, something great will come of it."-We Bought A Zoo

"I don't ask God for things. I ask Him to show me what I can do for Him."-Lourdes, Falling Skies.

"Don't believe everything they tell you."-Tom Buckley, Red Lights
Back to top Go down
http://princessfaithm.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 pm

I love all of those quotes!!! Very Happy

Here's a few of mine:

"This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"If grace is water, then the church should be an ocean. Cause it's not a museum for good people, it's a hospital for the broken." - Jeff Bethke, "Why I Hate Religion But Love Jesus"

"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Miserables

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo (the artist)

"You may destroy me, but I will not live in fear!" - Leonardo (the Ninja Turtle) XD

"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Red Skull: What makes you so special?
Captain America: Nothing. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn.

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I've got a billion more but I feel the need to stop myself now before I get too many XD
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Those are all such great quotes you guys! I love them! Very Happy

"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." --Padmé Amidala

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." --Owl City

"I will not say 'Do not weep,' for not all tears are an evil." --Gandalf
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Ok, there are so many hilarious Invader Zim quotes I just have to get them out XD

Of course, there is the most famous:

Zim: "GIR! WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP??!"
Gir: "I MADE IT MAHSELF!!!"

And my personal favorite:

Zim: "I will leave you to your . . ."
Gir: "Moosey fate! Say moosey fate!"
Zim: ". . . your moosey fate."

I also love:

Zim: "Hey, these waffles aren't bad. What's in them?"
Gir: "There's waffle in them!"
Zim: "YOU'RE LYING!!!"

And of course, anything that comes out of Gir's mouth is perfection. And Zim's insults. Those are the best XD

Ahhhh there are just so many!!! I want to just put in a link to every episode because every single episode is just hilarious and full of awesome quotes.

Yeah . . . in the words of Gir, "I love this show!"
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Welcome to Night Vale has some fantastic quotes. My personal favorite is this one, which I can really relate to because of how I've been feeling my senior year:

Favorite Quotes Beauti10

My other favorite is this one:

Favorite Quotes Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes   Favorite Quotes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Quotes
Page 1 of 1