Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Main Chat Thread

Go down 
+13
Cia Klivian
Bluesaber3
jedigirl1990
Ahsoka Tano
shaak ti
allishmalli
Jedi~Chick
jedispork
geek4God
Amaranthine
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Kayla
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 3:49 pm

So, how has everyone been doing lately? Anything cool or exciting happening in your lives?

I just started my second semester of college. I'm working on a film production where I'm part of the production design team. We get to design a death trap/torture machine. It's been a lot of fun so far.

I'm also taking a mural painting class, which I think will be fun, but I'm a bit nervous about it.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi!! Very Happy That's neat about your schooling! :3 Mural painting sounds awesome. If you could paint a mural of anything, what would you want to paint?

Nothing all too exciting has happened to me lately. I rearranged my room the other day, helped a friend with some physics experiments, and have been working. I'm hoping I'll actually take some rest time one of these days XD I get so bored on my days off that sometimes I end up doing a ton of stuff anyway and then not getting to rest.

I've also been reading a murder mystery series about a lady who owns a donut shop.

Apart from that, I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to start taking some classes in the fall. People have been pressuring me an insane amount, and I'm really close to finally accepting it and agreeing to take a few community college courses come next school year, but I'm still right on the edge of the fence.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks! Very Happy Hmm, that's a tough choice. Probably something space-related, with some David Bowie thrown in.

That sounds fun! I know the feeling! That's me during the summer XD

Oh cool! I say go for it! Learning from different classes is a lot of fun, and it's really nice to have a community college right in your town.

And oh my gosh that book series sounds wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:46 am

Cool!!

Yeah, people keep pressuring me to take classes XD

I'm on the last book nowwww D:

On Friday I'm not working, and Brian is going to be at a debate tournament from Thursday to Saturday, so I'm planning on driving out on Friday to where the tournament is (about an hour and a half away) to visit ^.^ I'm excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Hey everyone,
I actually had a few free minutes and wanted to come on here to say Hi. I miss you all so much, and though I keep saying it I am really going to try to come on here more. Finding time is hard, I am in my final Internship for Elementary Education, graduating in May (yay finally I am so excited) but in the meantime I am interning in a first grade classroom. It is part of a dual language program so we have one group of students half the day then they switch and we see the other group of students meaning twice the amount of students to love lol. I love them all so much and am so blessed to be with them everyday (especially since many of them are starwar fans ) but this semester sucks up most of my time, if I am not teaching at school I am planning lessons or working on my final paper or getting materials ready (the life of a teacher) in addition to studying for my final certification exam. Anyway in short I am doing great, I am staying busy but I miss you all so much.

Now about you, Bluesaber 3, classes sound like a great opportunity you should go (please tell me you are not college age already, you all are growing up too fast lol)

Love you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi Jedigirl! It's so great to hear from you!

Congratulations on your internship and graduation! It sounds like there are so many exciting things happening in your life right now, and I wish you the very best of luck!

I know what you mean about not being able to find time; I'm in my second semester of college and it has taken some getting used to. I've been kept pretty busy with classes and film shoots, and now I'm working on an application to become an RA.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 pm

JG!!!! I've missed you!!!

Wow, that sounds so awesome and I'm glad your enjoying!
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 9:18 am

Hi guys! I've been away from here for so long D:

Haha, JG, I turn 20 in July XDD

But yeah, I'm going to start taking classes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 4:55 pm

I've been away for a while too Surprised Apologies! My life has been crazy the past month.

Wow, we're getting so old! I'll be 19, so still a teenager I guess, haha.

Which class are you going to take?
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 pm

In the summer I'll be taking the history of photography as an art form. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:28 pm

That sounds so awesome! And really fun! I hope you enjoy it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

Next week I leave for the midwest! I haven't seen most of my extended family in a long time, so it should be nice.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 10:16 am

That's awesome! Smile I hope you have fun!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I got my first tattoo today!

Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Cm87g-bUsAMrOFh
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:46 pm

No way!!! You got a Lakehouse tattoo?!!

I'm legit about to cry! That is so amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks!! I'm really pleased with how it turned out! I sort of wanted it to mimic the lakehouse wristbands from years ago and while it ended up not being exactly like that, I still love it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

This seriously is the best thing I've ever seen!!! I've got to send you a virtual hug! *hugs super tight*

Maybe someday I'll get one too Smile I've been contemplating getting a tattoo. One of my ideas was getting a winter soldier star on my shoulder but my mom says red dye often causes allergic reactions from people who get tattoos so I keep going back and forth on it. I love the idea of a Lakehouse tattoo, though.
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 2:42 am

I'm really glad you like it! *hugs*

And honestly? Getting tattooed is kinda fun. I mean, it hurt a little, but not too bad. It was like a cat was slowly dragging it's claws down my arm. But the whole experience of going to a tattoo shop was really cool. There was so much cool artwork and my tattoo artist was nice.

Also, if you're worried about an allergic reaction to red ink, you could like, test a small area of skin with the red dye first, wait for that to heal and see if you react, then finish the tattoo if nothing happens. I know it's a lot of effort but it's the best way to play it safe. A winter soldier tattoo would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 2:10 pm

That is so cool! I feel like I would love getting a tattoo. I'm friends with a few tattoo artists; they are very talented and fun to hang out with. I might start looking into some places around my campus.

That's a good idea! I'd probably do that before I got the whole tattoo. Thanks!

My other big problem is money. I'm a poor college student Razz I don't want to seem like I'm prying, but do you mind if I ask how much yours cost?
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty expensive, more expensive than I thought it would be. I found the absolute best tattoo parlor I could so that probably contributed to the price, but that shop's minimum charge was 120$, so that's what I ended up paying. (Idk if I would go back bc that seems a bit steep for what I got.) I did some looking around and a lot of other parlors start way lower than that, as low as 50$, so yeah. If you're looking to get tattooed, I would do some research into the places around your campus. I'm sure you'll find lower prices.

Also, if you wanted you could put some money aside specifically for a tattoo. That way the charge, whatever it would be, wouldn't hurt your bank account.

Now I understand why people get tattoos so slowly, it's because they've gotta save up between each session. Razz
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Ok, that's around what I've heard they cost. Thank you for the advice! I'll start saving Smile

Do you think you'll get another one any time soon?
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I would definitely like more. I want to get an Ahsoka related tattoo, maybe her face markings. For me, tattoos are very much about memories and symbolizing things that are important to me and who I am, so the tattoos I get are very likely to reflect that. I'm not in a hurry though, I've got a lot more years yet and a lot more skin, so I've got time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:54 pm

I love your view on it! Smile That's sort of how I see tattoos, though a part of me also just likes good art so much that I'd like to have it tattooed on my body. I have a dream of getting a sleeve someday, but that's a long way off, haha.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 7:57 am

THAT'S SO COOL Very Happy

I've honestly never wanted tattoos and never plan to get any. xD I definitely don't have anything against them, and I think it's cool when people get neat meaningful things like that, I just wouldn't be able to personally process the idea of having something on my skin FOREVER. XDD

If I /had/ to get a tattoo, which I know I don't, I would probably get a small flower that means something to me, like the potato flower, which symbolizes benevolence.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:34 pm

When does everyone go back to school/college?

I just moved back into the dorms and am currently doing training for my new job as an RA. It's nice to be back on campus but it's so weirdly empty right now. I'm excited for my residents to move in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Chat Thread   Main Chat Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Chat Thread
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next