Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Legacy of the Clone Wars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lillian~Skye

Lillian~Skye

The Legacy of the Clone Wars Empty
PostSubject: The Legacy of the Clone Wars   The Legacy of the Clone Wars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Please share your Clone Wars story, how the show has affected you and why you love it so much. The Clone Wars has left an amazing legacy for fans. Because of the Clone Wars, their are now more young kids (and adults!) who adore Star Wars. Clone Wars introduced Ahsoka and Ashley Eckstein to the Star Wars Universe, and so many more girls are embracing their sci-fi passions. Below is my story of what Clone Wars has meant to me:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Clone Wars has been a huge part of my life these past few years.

These past few years, I've raced to my couch Friday nights and, most recently, Saturday mornings, eager for the next episode of Clone Wars. I've loved every second of this series, and now that there won't be a season 6 I find myself wanting to watch the old episodes. I've been watching the Clone Wars since I was twelve years old, and now, I feel like a little bit of my childhood is ending.

Watching Ahsoka (and Ashley) grow into the role as an actress and young Jedi warrior has been amazing to watch. Ashley has always been Ahsoka Tano. Talking to Ashley and listening to Ahsoka you can hear the heart of Ashley in her character. It's been great watching James Arnold Taylor, Matt Lanter, Catherine Taber, and Dee Bradley Baker on the Clone Wars each week. The Clone Wars cast is amazing because they are Star Wars fans and they are committed to their characters and they want to see a good show just as much as the fans do. Every member of the Clone Wars cast that I have met has an amazing heart. I've had the opportunity to speak with many of the main characters of the series like Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter, James Arnold Taylor, Sam Witwer, Dee Bradley Baker, Tom Kane, and Matthew Wood, and they all were so kind and cared about talking to their fans. I love the Clone Wars and the cast and crew. Not only do they make an extraordinary TV series with great animation, action, and acting, but they make a TV show for the fans. They made it what we wanted to see and what we would enjoy, and they made something that fans of any age could sit down and become immersed in.

The news that Lucasfilm would be"pulling the plug" on the show shocked me. Yes, I'd heard the rumors, but I dismissed them because I knew that episodes had already been confirmed for Season 6. Dave Filoni has confirmed that a few more arcs will be released and that "the best is yet to come," and I am looking forward to seeing these episodes.

However, just because the series is over, it will not be forgotten. This isn't goodbye to the Clone Wars. Thank you Clone Wars for all that you've done. Just as my parents grew up with the Original Trilogy, the Clone Wars series has impacted my life, and it will be a show that I will remember throughout my lifetime ♥
Back to top Go down
http://fangirlsintheforce.wordpress.com
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: The Legacy of the Clone Wars   The Legacy of the Clone Wars Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 am

I will write one too! Be sure to write to Disney and Lucasfilm! I will do that today. If not, tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: The Legacy of the Clone Wars   The Legacy of the Clone Wars Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Excellent idea!!! Very Happy Your story is so awesome! Smile

For me, I actually saw Star Wars for the first time really close to when The Clone Wars came out. I saw the Star Wars movies for the first time in the spring of 2008. My dad showed them to me and my brother, and we actually started with The Phantom Menace and watched the prequels first. We loved it, of course, but our newfound fandom probably would have died down pretty quickly if it weren't for The Clone Wars. We went to go see The Clone Wars movie that summer, and I was so excited to finally get to see a Star Wars movie in theaters. I also really, really loved Ahsoka from the very beginning.

Then in the fall the show came on. I wasn't going to watch it, but my brother wanted to so we recorded the episodes and I gave them a try. And I fell completely in love. My Star Wars fandom got stronger with each season. I talked two of my friends into watching the show with me, and the three of us used to chase each other around the backyard all the time having lightsaber duels and pretending to be Jedi padawans Smile My brother and I would be bouncing up and down on the couch every Friday night waiting for the show to come on, and then after the episode was over I would call my friends and discuss it with them and then watch the episode again.

The Clone Wars was also pretty much what got me on the internet. At first it was just Cartoon Network and StarWars.com, but then I learned about Her Universe, and, well, y'all know the story after that Wink

But the biggest difference The Clone Wars has made in my life is that it has helped me discover my passion and inspired me to pursue my dream. Watching the commentaries on my Clone Wars DVDs is what first got me interested in film, animation in particular. Those commentaries were all it took to convince me that film was exactly what I wanted to pursue a career in Very Happy

The Clone Wars has helped define me as a person. Through it, I gained new heroes (both the fictional characters on the show and the amazingly talented cast and crew behind the show) who have inspired me to become a better person, I met a ton of amazing new friends as well as grew closer to the friends I already had, and I discovered my calling.

I don't care what people say, The Clone Wars will always be #1 in my book, and I will love it forever.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legacy of the Clone Wars   The Legacy of the Clone Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Legacy of the Clone Wars
Page 1 of 1