Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphic Design

Go down 
+8
Jedi~Chick
jedigirl1990
May Kenobi66
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Amaranthine
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Kayla
StarWarsForever
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm not sure where this fits on here, I feel like maybe here since I don't do a lot of "fan art", but rather serious graphic design and sometimes some digital art with graphic design mixed in.  It would be cool to discuss this with others and to share our achievements, and anything new we are working on.  I'm going to be taking this in college and plan to pursue it as a career, because I love to create things.  I've always been this way.  I have a blog and a facebook page, where I talk about graphic design and projects I've done.  I hope there's some other girls on here that like graphic design as much as I do.  
-SWF
Back to top Go down
http://robynlindenmayer.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I love creating things too!! But I'm afraid I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean by graphic design. I really enjoy photoshoping things and creating posters and just, well, graphic designs! LOL!

Sounds like fun to talk about it! I don't really like the photoshop that I have right now, it's kinda hard to do certain things I want to with it. Adobe Photoshop Ellements 6.0 is what my mom got and it's what I use. :-)

Really funny you should post this now, because I was up LATE last night doing this sorta thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
I love creating things too!! But I'm afraid I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean by graphic design. I really enjoy photoshoping things and creating posters and just, well, graphic designs! LOL!

Sounds like fun to talk about it! I don't really like the photoshop that I have right now, it's kinda hard to do certain things I want to with it. Adobe Photoshop Ellements 6.0 is what my mom got and it's what I use. :-)

Really funny you should post this now, because I was up LATE last night doing this sorta thing! Very Happy

Kayla here's the run down on what graphic design is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_design. Graphic design involves things like making posters, but expands into web design, branding, business sets, billboards, packaging, etc. It's crazy how many things are considered graphic design. I did a post on Photoshop on my site/blog. I use Photoshop CS5 but I chose that because that's what I would be using in school, and I needed some of the more powerful photo retouching tools. I'm not too familiar with previous versions of element, but the newest version seems ok, although I don't know a lot about it. It came with some software when I bought my Wacom bamboo tablet last year. I do this stuff all the time. I actually just finished working on CBC/Savanna's blog designs early this month. She launched them today. I've started to dabble into web design, and doing designs for others over the last 6 months. It's really hard, but once you catch on you eventually start to get the ropes. I only know some basic stuff, but I'm excited to go to college and learn some major web design stuff. There's a girl on youtube named Karen Kavett who does youtube videos about graphic design. Here's the link for her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/xperpetualmotion/videos. If you haven't noticed, I love talking about design. It's just one of my many passions in life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm also planning to pursue Graphic Design as a career. Smile

I was wondering if you have a mentor or anyone who helps you to learn? I've been looking for one but I don't know anyone in our area who's a graphic designer.
(sorry to be so brief, I'd love to talk more about graphic design but I'm supposed to be putting a wet washcloth on my eye right now for the infection/pinkeye/whatever it is. xD)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 pm

StarWarsForever wrote:
Kayla225 wrote:

Kayla here's the run down on what graphic design is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_design. Graphic design involves things like making posters, but expands into web design, branding, business sets, billboards, packaging, etc. It's crazy how many things are considered graphic design. I did a post on Photoshop on my site/blog. I use Photoshop CS5 but I chose that because that's what I would be using in school, and I needed some of the more powerful photo retouching tools. I'm not too familiar with previous versions of element, but the newest version seems ok, although I don't know a lot about it. It came with some software when I bought my Wacom bamboo tablet last year. I do this stuff all the time. I actually just finished working on CBC/Savanna's blog designs early this month. She launched them today. I've started to dabble into web design, and doing designs for others over the last 6 months. It's really hard, but once you catch on you eventually start to get the ropes. I only know some basic stuff, but I'm excited to go to college and learn some major web design stuff. There's a girl on youtube named Karen Kavett who does youtube videos about graphic design. Here's the link for her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/xperpetualmotion/videos. If you haven't noticed, I love talking about design. It's just one of my many passions in life. Smile

Ahhh! Then YES! I am into graphic design!!! Because, I love doing that sort of stuff!!!

I made a DVD cover for a DVD I made like, a couple years ago. It turned out really well! I would of made something to put on the DVD it's self but I didn't have a michine to print a sticker. :( Anyway, I think it's fun to talk about it. 'Hope you make it big in design someday!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Rachel-is-a-Jedi wrote:
I'm also planning to pursue Graphic Design as a career. Smile

I was wondering if you have a mentor or anyone who helps you to learn? I've been looking for one but I don't know anyone in our area who's a graphic designer.
(sorry to be so brief, I'd love to talk more about graphic design but I'm supposed to be putting a wet washcloth on my eye right now for the infection/pinkeye/whatever it is. xD)

Hi Rachel, I honestly don't have anyone that mentors me. I did this type of stuff in my spare time, then took a class at my school on it, and then decided that I loved it so much I taught myself the rest of what I know. My fav thing about the internet, since I watched a lot of tutorials on youtube, and spent a lot of time on google. I'm glad to hear someone else is going to pursue graphic design as a career, good for you! I've kinda built of a list of sites I use for projects, and spend everyday working on something. Sorry if I'm not the most helpful, but if you want any tips or help with anything I can try to help.
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:13 pm

[quote="StarWarsForever"]
Kayla225 wrote:

Ahhh! Then YES! I am into graphic design!!! Because, I love doing that sort of stuff!!!

I made a DVD cover for a DVD I made like, a couple years ago. It turned out really well! I would of made something to put on the DVD it's self but I didn't have a michine to print a sticker. :( Anyway, I think it's fun to talk about it. 'Hope you make it big in design someday!! Very Happy

Cool Kayla! What did you make the dvd cover for? I used to make agenda and binder covers all the time when I was younger. I love talking about design. Thanks for the positive thinking! All I can do is try and hope for the best. I'm excited to be going to college in the fall and taking classes on all these different areas of design! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 pm

[quote="StarWarsForever"]
StarWarsForever wrote:
Kayla225 wrote:

Cool Kayla! What did you make the dvd cover for? I used to make agenda and binder covers all the time when I was younger. I love talking about design. Thanks for the positive thinking! All I can do is try and hope for the best. I'm excited to be going to college in the fall and taking classes on all these different areas of design! Very Happy

Smile I made it for a DVD that I'd made for a neighbor lady, of her dogs. It was just a film project I did, and I wanted to make a cover for the DVD case. Very Happy
Yer welcome and good luck with that!
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Kayla225 wrote:

Smile I made it for a DVD that I'd made for a neighbor lady, of her dogs. It was just a film project I did, and I wanted to make a cover for the DVD case. Very Happy
Yer welcome and good luck with that!

Thanks, and awesome about the DVD cover. For me in about a week I'll be starting a few new projects. That's if I can wait, lol. I want to work on my pop art series that I started a few months ago, and I have a Her Universe fan piece that I want to do. I'm always up to something. Are you working on anything new?
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:32 pm

When did you girls first get into graphic design? For me as I got older and used the computer to make things more, is when I guess the first interest sparked. It wasn't until I started making large projects like yearbook layouts and took a class at school that I really got crazy into it. I absolutely love creating things and I can't really image doing anything else. What about you? Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:55 pm

TLF forced me to get into graphic design. XD What with all the banner making and newsletter editing...I really like it though! I think we'll have another banner design contest soon, for summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Oh boy! A banner contest sounds like so much fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Amaranthine wrote:
TLF forced me to get into graphic design. XD What with all the banner making and newsletter editing...I really like it though! I think we'll have another banner design contest soon, for summer!

Cool, banner contests are always fun! What do you use to make your newsletters with? I might be able to give you some tips or something with that depending on the program you use. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 am

Very neat!!! Very Happy

I like just about anything having to do with some form of art, so I find graphic design pretty fun Very Happy I used to be on the yearbook staff (I will be again when school starts Very Happy ) and it was super fun designing the pages Very Happy Unfortunately away from school I can't do much graphic design, as I don't have any recent computer programs Razz The best I have is windows paint and my Microsoft word is from 2000 Razz

But though my main career choice would be film and photography, I've thought about designing movie posters too Very Happy My room is like a movie poster gallery XDD
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

It's the same with me, bout art!!!!! And I do wish you could get some better programs, Satine! You'd be good with em I know!

My room is like that too!!!!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks Kayla!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Very neat!!! Very Happy

I like just about anything having to do with some form of art, so I find graphic design pretty fun Very Happy I used to be on the yearbook staff (I will be again when school starts Very Happy ) and it was super fun designing the pages Very Happy Unfortunately away from school I can't do much graphic design, as I don't have any recent computer programs Razz The best I have is windows paint and my Microsoft word is from 2000 Razz

But though my main career choice would be film and photography, I've thought about designing movie posters too Very Happy My room is like a movie poster gallery XDD

That's awesome DSK, yearbook is fun. I designed an entire yearbook for my school a few years back. Yeah, you can download a free 30 day trial of Photoshop elements from Adobe's website and try that out. I haven't used it but it's supposed to be similar to the expensive Photoshop, so you can always try that if you want to make some stuff during the summer. I love making layouts, they were my favorite part. I took a video making class at my school, it's really fun to edit things together. I hope you get to go into the fields you want to! I'm sure you would do very well! Smile

Kayla225 wrote:
It's the same with me, bout art!!!!! And I do wish you could get some better programs, Satine! You'd be good with em I know!
My room is like that too!!!!!! LOL!

Are you working on anything new Kayla? Once I'm done my final exam I'm going to be working on some HU fan pieces. The clothes always inspire me! Very Happy

An aspiring graphic designer trying to make her way throughout the galaxy! If you want to see my work, you can visit my website or facebook page. If you enjoy my work feel free to join me on either one and leave a comment. I love getting feedback! Smile
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SimplyCreativebyRobyn
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Thank you very much SWF!!! My main problem is that I'm not allowed to download stuff from the internet, but I'm going to talk to my parents again and see if they will let me.

Thank you and good luck with your career too!
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Thank you very much SWF!!! My main problem is that I'm not allowed to download stuff from the internet, but I'm going to talk to my parents again and see if they will let me.

Thank you and good luck with your career too!

Yeah, my parents are like that too although now that I'm older I can download some stuff but software or anything I have to ask them first. I downloaded Photoshop CS5 from there as a trail about two years ago. I recommend using it almost everyday during the trail period just so you know if you like it or not. There are also some great youtube tutorials out there on how to use the software and what you can do with it. I hope your parents will let you, it's a great program to work with for editing photos, or making things. Thanks, I hope things go well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Yeah I am actually, SWF!!! I've got this project titled ALA Initiative, which is basically a set of posters for a movie and movie characters I'm working on. I've got to create a new silhouette for the newest character, and I'm constantly enhancing the other character posters.

I was kinda surprised but my sister asked me to make something for her! I'm excited though, because that means she knows I can do that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
Yeah I am actually, SWF!!! I've got this project titled ALA Initiative, which is basically a set of posters for a movie and movie characters I'm working on. I've got to create a new silhouette for the newest character, and I'm constantly enhancing the other character posters.

I was kinda surprised but my sister asked me to make something for her! I'm excited though, because that means she knows I can do that kind of stuff.

That's awesome, and sounds very exciting! Sounds like some awesome poster work going on, I'd love to see the poster when you finish! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you very much! I'd love to show you!!! I'm not planning on being done with them any time soon though, not until after August.

Are you working on anything new?
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
Thank you very much! I'd love to show you!!! I'm not planning on being done with them any time soon though, not until after August.

Are you working on anything new?

Cool, it will be exciting to see them! I'm working on uploading some finished pieces to my FB page and then I'll be working on a Star Wars Pop Art, a HU fan piece that's an advertisement type of piece, and then I will be working on another advertisement type project. I'm thinking of maybe doing a smaller blog project with someone, if anyone would want to. Not entirely sure on the blog thing but, who knows. I just finished up the PLC blog designs and that was a large project, so for the summer I'm thinking of maybe a smaller project. I'm also taking feedback about my sites, on FB page. Lots always going on inside my head, lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kayla
VIP Member
VIP Member
Kayla

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 pm

LOL! You did a good job on PLC!!! It looks good! It's fun hearing about your projects.

What sort of project are you thinking about? To do with someone, I mean.
Back to top Go down
StarWarsForever

StarWarsForever

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Kayla225 wrote:
LOL! You did a good job on PLC!!! It looks good! It's fun hearing about your projects.

What sort of project are you thinking about? To do with someone, I mean.

Thanks, it was a lot of hard work and time. I'm glad you like hearing about my projects, I love talking to others about what they are working on and what I'm working on. In terms of a project, I'm thinking a banner, background, and color scheme/formatting for sure. If someone wanted to have the social media icons like for FB and twitter and stuff too, I'd consider it. Doing a smaller scale blog design, something I could do in a few weeks for someone. Smile Why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphic Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphic Design   Graphic Design Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphic Design
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next