Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Movies

Go down 
+22
jedispork
allishmalli
luxsoka13
May Kenobi66
shaak ti
Darth Tromeros
Aay'liah
Amaranthine
Cia Klivian
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
Pinksaber13
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
sokafan4ever
Ashley Amidala
ahsokaandtabby
<3Gabby<3
Winter Celchu27
SnipsSkywalker
Rex'sgirl
Jedi~Chick
JediKnightGirl
Kayla
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Marvel Movies - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Yeah I really feel like I need to see it again.

I hear rumors that there were like 45 minutes of extra footage that got cut that are supposedly going to be on an extended edition Blu-Ray. I hope that's true because something tells me most of the issues with the movie would be fixed if that extra footage was there to explain a bit more.

Also apparently there was supposed to be a scene with Loki that got cut, so that would have been cool to see.

I think something that really affects me is that years back I first learned about Ultron from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and the story in that show was just so good and so well set up that it is difficult for me not to compare that to the movie. Of course there are things I like better in the movie, like how Ultron has a sense of humor and just his and Vision's general characters are more interesting in the movie, but I feel like as far as motivations go the movie should have borrowed from that show a little more, because there it really delved into why Ultron thinks the way he does and why Vision turned out different from Ultron. So my view on this movie is going to be a bit biased because I have that amazing show to compare it to. But that being said, I still loved the movie. Comparing these is just a nitpick for me I guess.

Spoiler:

I agree with your last point especially, Alli. I agree with you said about this one having many of the same issues that the first one had. Personally I don't get why the reviewers are complaining so much. I honestly think it's because Cap 2 and GotG were so good that they set a higher standard, in a way.

Honestly I really really need to see this movie again to sort out more of my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
I agree with your last point especially, Alli. I agree with you said about this one having many of the same issues that the first one had. Personally I don't get why the reviewers are complaining so much. I honestly think it's because Cap 2 and GotG were so good that they set a higher standard, in a way.
Actually, Doug and Rob Walker ("The Nostalgia Critic" and his brother) were actually speculating that on Rotten Tomatoes when critics were giving it less-than-stellar reviews, they were actually course-correcting/over-correcting themselves for giving the first Avengers movie such a high rating that it may or may not actually deserved, since it does (in hindsight and when you take the rose-colored-glasses off) have its issues and Age of Ultron does have some similar issues. Whether or not that's actually true, we might never know. It very well could be the high standards set by the other great Marvel films or maybe the novelty of the Avengers has worn off and maybe they just looked over the really good things about Age of Ultron. Both Avengers and Age of Ultron, in my opinion, are great movies that I love, nevertheless, even though Captain America 2 is my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

allishmalli wrote:
Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
Actually, Doug and Rob Walker ("The Nostalgia Critic" and his brother) were actually speculating that on Rotten Tomatoes when critics were giving it less-than-stellar reviews, they were actually course-correcting/over-correcting themselves for giving the first Avengers movie such a high rating that it may or may not actually deserved, since it does (in hindsight and when you take the rose-colored-glasses off) have its issues and Age of Ultron does have some similar issues. Whether or not that's actually true, we might never know. It very well could be the high standards set by the other great Marvel films or maybe the novelty of the Avengers has worn off and maybe they just looked over the really good things about Age of Ultron. Both Avengers and Age of Ultron, in my opinion, are great movies that I love, nevertheless, even though Captain America 2 is my personal favorite.

I saw their review, and I think the cause for the critical reaction is a bit of both what they said and that the other movies have set higher standards. I'm with you, though, I love both Avengers and Age of Ultron, though Cap 2 and Guardians are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
GeneralSnips

GeneralSnips

Location : Patrolling on the roofs of Coruscant with Robin finding clues to put Palps in jail

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:46 am

So I saw it Sunday and...

Spoiler:

Did anyone else hear that the guy who plays Watson in BBC Sherlock is going to be in the next Captain America movie?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Yes, I heard about that! I'm getting really excited for Civil War! It's basically going to be another Avengers movie from the size of the cast XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 pm

What did you guys think of Ant-Man?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 am

(Spoilers ahead!)

Ant-Man was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. Like you, Satine, I wish they'd had Hank Pym as Ant-Man, but I ended up really liking Scott Lang. The ants sort of creeped me out- there were so many of them! Especially in that scene where Scott wakes up and the floor is COVERED in them. But Antony was kind of funny. (Even though his death scene was more dramatic than WASP'S was.) My favourite scene was the one with Falcon at the Avengers headquarters. I love Sam a lot and I'm so glad he's an avenger now. I knew what the end credits scene was before walking into the movie (it's actually what got me to go see Ant-Man) but it was fantastic regardless! I cannot WAIT for Civil War!

Also, I loved the reference to Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Everyone. Drop what you are doing and watch this now. You will not be disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movies   Marvel Movies - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Movies
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12