Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Surfer

Go down 
+11
Aay'liah
Rex'sgirl
Amaranthine
Bluesaber3
Obi-Wan's Padawan
sokafan4ever
Starwarsartist
Jedi~Chick
Duchess Satine Kenobi
allishmalli
Wolffe's Chick
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Soul Surfer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:23 pm

I saw Race to Witch Mountain too! It was good!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Soul Surfer was awesome! I love being in the ocean, and seeing how she still had faith in God with all she was going through was cool. Growing up swimming in the ocean and sailing in the bay, I could realy connect with a lot of the story, esspecially when Bethany was dying to get back in the water.

I like how they dont focous on the actual attack of the shark, but more of what happend after.

As for the swimsuits, it personally didnt bother me. I've just grown up on beaches with a lot of people around, so it was normal to me.
Back to top Go down
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm

The bathing suits didn't bother me a whole lot. When I go surfing, I wear boardshorts but they always end up ripping because they don't stretch right. I wish that they wore rashguards all the time in the movie though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.plcohmy.com
sokafan4ever
VIP Member
VIP Member
sokafan4ever

Location : -Working along side Ashley Eckstein in star wars the clone wars!!! (I wish! lol)

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:01 pm

My friend's neighbor has a BIG screen and a movie peojector so for her Beach/pool party we are going to have a night swim and watch the movie in the pool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

Location : Hanging with my fellow X-Wing Pilots in a Rebel Alliance Briefing...

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Okay, so I just finished watching "Soul Surfer". I rented it on my iPod. It was AMAZING. I cried more than once, and almost felt sick to my stomach at the 'shark attack' scene. But other than that, it was INCREDIBLE. Smile I loved how the incorporated Bethany's faith with her surfing, and how she narrated the beginning and ending. It was just AWESOME. Smile I'm still kinda taking it all in. XD But overall, I'd say this movie is now in my top ten favorites. Wink

Also, my dad got me a Soul Surfer necklace for a penny at the Christian bookstore, so now I can wear that with pride! XDD Wink Now that I've officially watched the movie....and I will wear it. Wink Often. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.2yourselfbetrue.blogspot.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 am

I Love that movie my aunt came down a few months ago and she had the book and she lent it to me so i could read it after i read most of it we saw the movie the movie was incredible. Its definitly a story of faith definitly one of my top favoirtes.

For those who seen the movie and really liked it i encourage you to get the book, its written by Bethany so its in her own words and she also has a film diary she wrote as the movie was being made what she liked and was worried about and the whole process so it was really cool

after reading the book and then seeing the movie the only part i wished they included and they didn't (even though it was only one line) was in the ambulance the peramedic tells Bethany God will not forsake or leave you and she talks about how that gave her strength so i really wished they included it but other than that it was a fantastic movie
Back to top Go down
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:30 am

JediGirl1990, I haven't read the book but I have heard about the guy in the ambulance. I REALLY wished that had put that in the movie. It gives me goosebumps every time I think of it.

In the bonus features of Soul Surfer, Bethany said that 2 weeks before the shark attack, she an d her mom prayed every day that God would show his will for Bethany. When the whole attack happened, they said they knew it was God's plan. Isn't that amazing?! She has definitely reached millions of people with her faith and inspiring story.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:46 am

Exactly that one little line was so powerful it would have definitly added alot to the movie.
and i agree it really is amazing that she took something most would see as a bad thing and turned it into a movitational story of not giving up and more importanlty of trust and faith such a beautiful story it really gives me goosebumps everytime i think of it
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:46 am

Wow!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:12 am

I want to see it, but We'd have to do it some time when my 3 bros aren't about. We don't 'do' the usual swim wear, and the swim suits I've heard are....normal. Sooo...We kinda want to guard my brothers eyes. Maybe kick them out of the house and give them a bone to chew on. While we gals watch it! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am

Yeah, that's what we'd have to do if my sister and I wanted to watch it. xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 am

Yeah, the swimsuits aren't modest but, they wear rashguards in the competitions so it's not too bad. It's really unrealistic for girl surfers to wear long boardshorts. I've ripped a few pairs while straddling the board. Although I still wear shorts, most professional surfers choose not to for better surfing.
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:11 pm

yeah i agree with CBC (though i know nothing about surfing) the swimsuits were what people usually wear and growing up in Florida i really never paid attention to them i can honestly say i cant remember what they look like but i could see where you might want to guard the eyes of some younger ones lol
Back to top Go down
Wolffe's Chick
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wolffe's Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah. And in reality, when guy surfers are out in the water, they usually aren't looking at the ladies, they're looking at the waves. I can totally understand why you wouldn't want your brothers to watch Soul Surfer though. My brother chose not to watch it for that reason too.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Amidala

Ashley Amidala

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:12 pm

I completely understand that. It could be a hassle surfer in too much extra clothing. Plus, it could be dangerous. I'm not, ya know, saying they are "bad bad naughtiness' because modesty is different for each person, family. We just are gonna have to watch it until my brothers are occupied elsewhere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://akhunter-fieldnotes.blogspot.com/
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm

That completly makes sense and i can completly respect that hope you get a chance to watch it though its an awsome movie
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:30 am

I know where y'all are coming from, but like Jedigirl said, growing up in Florida, you're kinda immune to it, haha! Wink The clothes didn't bother me all that much, I mean, they're /swimsuits/. Razz XD But the other clothes in the movies (when they weren't swimming) were pretty modest. Tank tops and shorts are standard in Florida, and because this movie was set in Hawaii, I'm assuming they're more than standard there as well. XDD Smile But I get if you don't want the boys of the house seeing the stuff, we just happen to have a house of all girls. Wink (except my dad, who didn't even watch the movie, I watched it all by myself. XDD) Wink
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 am

Jedi~Chick wrote:
I know where y'all are coming from, but like Jedigirl said, growing up in Florida, you're kinda immune to it, haha! Wink The clothes didn't bother me all that much, I mean, they're /swimsuits/. Razz XD But the other clothes in the movies (when they weren't swimming) were pretty modest. Tank tops and shorts are standard in Florida, and because this movie was set in Hawaii, I'm assuming they're more than standard there as well. XDD Smile But I get if you don't want the boys of the house seeing the stuff, we just happen to have a house of all girls. Wink (except my dad, who didn't even watch the movie, I watched it all by myself. XDD) Wink

Haha exactly and working at Disney i see all kinds of things so nothing really surprises me anymore (i can't believe how many times we have to tell guests to put clothes on either them or their kids lol) and especially in Florida we are used to not wearing alot of clothes (well floridians in general my sister still refuses to wear tanks or shorts ) and my household is all adult women ( my sister is the youngest and shes 19) plus my dad but he didn't see it my mom didn't see it either lol my aunt insisted on taking me and my sister saw it with her boyfriend i really want to get the movie though
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah, for the modesty, well, they were surfing. When I went to hawaii, my mom led me dress a lot less "modest" then I would at home (then again, we have about one or two months total here that is over 80º or feels hot), but that was because of the climate.

Climate has a lot to do with choices of modesty. This summer at my second house, one weekend it was 1o0º in the COOLEST parts of the day. I wore as LITTLE as i could, but my other option was to pass out. i also spent most of my time in the water.

So really, the suits dont bother me. but through the rest of the movie, it wasn't like they were trying to be under dressed, they just wore what was reasonable.

so there is my long opinion on modesty.
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:45 pm

I can see your point Shaak Ti Smile I certainly wouldn't want to wear pants and a t-shirt in 80 + weather xD
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:35 am

exactly except for my sister who is like the queen of modesty for herself (she doesn't say anything about other people wearing less clothes but she doesn't) she refuses to wear shorts or tank tops and we live in florida she only wears jeans or pants maybe sometimes a skirt but usually she has to wear shorts underneath, most people in florida tend to wear a lot less clothes lol i will wear shorts and occasionly tank tops i had a bikini but then i moved to a sporty two piece once i looose weight i want a bikini again.

I think it also depends on age and how much is appropriate i mean a teenager who wears short skirts and halter tops sometimes comes off as a bit sluty but if your older like me in your 20's its a bit more accepted (not that i wear that much but as an example)

but the outifts in the movie in my opinion were compeltly realistic and age appropriate Smile
Back to top Go down
Jedi~Chick
Admin
Admin
Jedi~Chick

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Heh, yeah, people in Florida don't wear a lot of clothes at ALL. Razz

I am quite modest. I refuse to wear anything too far down the chest, or too far up my legs. XD I wear longer shorts, and sometimes tank tops, but they're still quite modest. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Same here JC Smile
Back to top Go down
Aay'liah

Aay'liah

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 am

We watched this movie last night ♥️ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Surfer   Soul Surfer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Surfer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: Forum Archives-
Jump to: