Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Empty
PostSubject: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 5:17 am

As all of you have probably heard by now, Carrie Fisher died yesterday. She had a heart attack before christmas, was previously reported stable, but unfortunately didn't make it.

Even writing that makes me want to cry again.

How's everyone holding up right now? This is a rough time for the Star Wars fandom/the world. I never met Carrie personally, but I did go to one of her panels in September and she was so funny and kind. It became apparent to me then that she'd touched so many lives and so many people looked up to her. She's going to be missed by millions.

Mods, do you think we could change the banner for a little while? Everyone knows I love Ahsoka, but I think it would be appropriate to have a Leia/Carrie banner right now.

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm still kind of in shock right now.

I'm also incredibly angry that 2016 has taken another wonderful person instead of the truly horrible people who deserve to die (I know that sounds awful, but I don't care).

I really wonder what's going to happen in Episodes VIII and IX. I'm sure that filming for Episode VIII has already wrapped up (correct me if I'm wrong), so she should be in it. But since we don't know what happens in the movie yet, nobody will know for a while how they'll handle her character in Episode IX. Disney must be in panic mode right now trying to figure out how they'll deal with her death in the movies. I actually hope they don't go the Rogue One route.

Anyways, it's hard on all of us.

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 5:29 pm

sad news indeed. She touched so many lives and she was so young. She will always be remembered for sure.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 am

I was so incredibly sad to hear about this. She was such a phenomenal person and touched many lives. I'm still kind of in shock about the whole thing. I just can't believe she's gone.

I'll work on changing the banner, SWA. That's a very good idea!

And they have wrapped up filming on Episode VIII, but that leaves the question of what's going to happen for Episode IX. I have a feeling they are going to do what they did in Rogue One and use CG, even if it's just for a small scene. I'm sure at this point it's probably already in the actors' contracts so she may have given her permission on that. Either way, I just hope whatever they choose is done respectfully.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 10:32 pm

What do you guys think of the banner?
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 am

Duchess Satine Kenobi wrote:
What do you guys think of the banner?

I LOVE THE BANNER, DSK!!! Absolutely love it!!!
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Lucasfilm came out with a official statement saying: "We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa."

I'm personally glad they're restraining.

I mean, I'm sure that they could do it, but I wasn't sure that they should do it.

Anyways, I guess this means either they'll go back and change Episode VIII somehow, have Leia die off-screen between VIII and IX, or just pretend that Leia's alive but just not interacting with the main characters (that last one I'm doubting they'd do since they'd probably want to pay tribute to her and just deliberately ignoring Carrie's death sounds disrespectful in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm kind of glad that they aren't going to digitally recreate her. It would just feel weird if they tried.

They'll probably kill her off or something, but personally I wouldn't be upset if they recast Leia. I know a lot of people would, but I read an article that pointed out that Carrie Fisher's legacy goes far beyond Leia and that associating her with Leia so much that they can't recast her even if it would best serve the story would be wrong. Here's the full article if anyone is interested: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/14/carrie-fisher-star-wars-lucasfilm-wont-cgi

I mean, it would be kind of weird to see someone else as Leia, but if she is supposed to have a big role in episode IX I think it would be ok if they recast her.

In the end I trust Lucasfilm to make the right call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher   Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Star Wars :: Star Wars Movies and News-
Jump to: