Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films

Go down 
+2
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
shaak ti
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Glad to have you back Rachel! Very Happy

Sorry this is kinda late, but I saw Rogue One too! I really liked it, even more than I thought I would! I'll come back with a longer review later.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:58 pm

I was excited to see it only because it was a StarWars movie but I wasn't expecting to much. I got to say that I absolutely loved the movie it was beautifully done I laughed and cried but it was great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Rogue One is a movie that I slowly learned to love.

I mean, it's Star Wars, so I was probably going to love it anyway, but on my first viewing of the film, i thought the first half dragged quite a bit, the music wasn't great and i didn't come away with an attachment to any of the characters. I did like Vader and the cameos from all those characters (you guys know the ones.) Also, the beach fight was great.

I enjoyed the second viewing a ton more. I became really invested in the backstories of Chirrut, Baze and Bohdi, I appreciated the subtlety of the music and even though the first half still doesn't greatly appeal to me, I was able to enjoy it. There are so many underlying themes in this movie that I really liked and the overall message of hope is so inspiring.

One of the things I liked best about Rogue One was the risks they took, especially the way they ended things. They weren't afraid to use CGI to bring back characters. They weren't afraid to make a Star Wars film with no Jedi.
Spoiler:

Overall, it was a solid film. They could have spent more time building up their characters to give the audience emotional ties to them (i still do not care at all for jyn erso) but the movie made up for it with stunning visuals and a solid storyline. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:30 am

^^^Basically everything you said.

I've only seen the film once, but I look forward to a second viewing once I get back to the city (and can hopefully see it in IMAX).

I also thought the first half dragged a bit, but it really picked up and by the end it was one of the most exciting finales ever in a Star Wars film. I mean, that battle was just incredible. It totally blew me away.

I found it hard to get into the characters at first but by the end I loved them all. Or at least most of them. I'm still with you on Jyn. I just didn't find her that interesting at all, which was a problem that could have easily been fixed had they given her some more scenes about her backstory. Or made her mom a Jedi, which I was sure was the route they were going for and was surprised when it wasn't. Anyways, the other characters were really fun to watch and I fell in love with them. I also liked the story once it got going and how it tied in with the other films so perfectly. And yeah, I'm totally with you again on the risks being the awesome thing about this movie.
Spoiler:
And I know a lot of people are complaining about CGI Tarkin, but I thought he looked great.

I know this film shouldn't be compared to Force Awakens because they are totally different, but I have been tossing around in my mind what these two different films have done right/wrong and what future Star Wars filmmakers can learn from each one, so I wanted to add a bit of how I compare them.

For me the Force Awakens did much better on the characters. I was immediately invested in all the new characters, while for Rogue One it took a while, though once I got to that point I loved those characters too. But I think Rogue One did better on the story. Even if there were some pacing issues, the story for Rogue One was more interesting and somehow more original even if it was more closely tied to the other movies than Force Awakens was. I also liked the action sequences better in Rogue One. It's hard for me to pick which one I liked better overall. I guess I would say Force Awakens because for me the characters are the heart of the story and the ones in Force Awakens were so good. But I'm proud of both films and happy with what Disney is doing for Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:08 pm

I keep hearing reports that an Obi-Wan movie has been basically confirmed?

Not sure how true that is but I am pumped! This is something we need!

Also heard that Rosario Dawson wants to play Ahsoka in a live-action movie, which I think would be an awesome choice. I always said that Ashley Eckstein is the only one who could play Ahsoka, but honestly now I think Rosario Dawson would knock it out of the park. More than anything I just want live action Ahsoka.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films   'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Star Wars: Rogue One' and other spinoff films
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2