Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News Letter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey everyone!
I remember back in the busier days of The Lake House we had a news letter, and it might be fun to bring it back! I remember I really enjoyed being involved in it, and it's a great way to keep people involved.

Creation
-Every other or every three months. We're all too wrapped up in school and life to do it every month for sure
-Give it it's own topic under "Forum News", that way "New and Updates" won't get too cluttered with news-letter stuff
-Instead of making one or two people the sole creators, have it be something the whole forum participates in. I would be willing to put it all together and delegate what needs to happen, but anyone who wants to write for it or make something for it can.
-Fan-art (or fiction or banner or whatever) contest.

Lay-out/Topics
-Announcements
-Message from the Mods (if there's anything y'all want to say haha)
-Fan works
-Review of some sort- Star Wars or other wise
-News in the SW fandom
-Maybe we highlight another fandom that is popular around TLF
-Contest or something

So, yeah, I hope y'all want to do this, and I am more than happy to plan everything out and do whatever to make this happen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:24 pm

I'd love to bring back the newsletter! That's a great idea! Very Happy

If you'd like to plan everything that would be fantastic! I'm available to help with whatever you need! And I'm sure just about all of us would be willing to contribute for articles, news, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:27 pm

I'd love to help!!! Maybe I can attempt to write a snippet of NSNW-style fanfiction to kick me back into gear with actually finishing NSNW4 xDDD And you can always get a message from this mod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Awesome!! I'll come up with some more "official planning" stuff soon Smile

and that would be super fun, Blue! Haha i feel like NSNW is kind of a TLF staple xD
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Very Happy Yay!! Let me know and I can try and actually write ;3
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Ok, so I've been thinking- since this year is the 5th anniversary of TLF, should we focus all of our effort on a december newsletter? It would give us quite a bit of time and it would be fun to do something special for five years Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:37 am

Sounds good!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 9:50 pm

That sounds perfect!
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 7:09 pm

cool!
So i went back and took a look at the old news letters, and here's what i'm thinking...

Mod Updates- I know i already mentioned it, but i think that it's important to include that since y'all spent so much time bringing this place back to life xD you don't all need to do it- just who ever wants to Smile

TLF Memories- 5 years is a pretty big deal. DSK, Alli, and I are the oldest active members, so I would love if all three of us could write something Smile everyone else is welcome to, as well!

Fan Art- we did a lot of fan art/fan fiction stuff before, so it would be fun to do that again (Blue, you should totally write us something from NSNW!)

Costumes- idk it will have been halloween so if you want to share your costumes just for the heck of it that might be kind of fun Smile

Review/Fandom News- i know nothing about rebels right now, but if there's some fandom news or an episode (or story arc) that someone wants to review, that would be great!

let's try to keep this under 10-12 pages... the old newsletters averaged on 30 pages... I don't think any of us really have time to put that together or read it xD

You can PM me submissions or email me at koolkula98@rocketmail.com
Back to top Go down
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Yay!!! Very Happy I'll for sure try to work on a NSNW thing. If I can remember >.< I'll set a reminder.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Sounds perfect! Thank you so much for organizing this Shaak Ti! Smile
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Hello Lakehousers!
Crazy to think, but we’re approaching our 5 year anniversary. It’s been an awesome, wild ride, and to celebrate we are going to put together a newsletter! There are a number of things you can do to contribute- you can do any and all of the following, and if you have any questions or ideas let me know!

Contact Me: koolkula98@rocketmail.com
Share to my google drive: blackpearlletters@gmail.com
If you want to send things to me through TLF or Facebook feel free to do so!

Then and Now
-A picture of you from the year yourself joined (or 2010- the year TLF started) and a picture of yourself now
-A description of yourself/your life from the year you joined (or 2010- the year TLF started) and a description of yourself/your life now
You can submit pictures, writing, or both! Please use clear pictures (any size) and keep writing to minimum (you decide what that is)

How You Found TLF
-There will be a poll for this (both on the site and on the FB page)
-If you want to write about how you became a member, you’re welcome to do that, too!
-Keep the explanation short and sweet- limit 50 words

How TLF has been a part of your life/ Specific TLF Memory
-I know many of us can say that TLF has had an impact on our lives. Maybe it was a big part of our growing up, or a constant in a time of change, or the friends you made back at the beginning are now some of your closest friends.
-This can be as long or as short as you want (well, not novel length, please! xD ). If you have some pictures to include, that’s fine, too!
-Here are some prompts that you can write about
*Joining
*Meeting another Lakehouser
*CVI/CVII
*How TLF impacted you as a person/ helped you grow
-Sometimes a good way to write is to just ramble with no boundaries, and then edit to make it cohesive Smile Heck you can even write poetry for this I don’t care (if anyone does that would be cool haha)

Conventions and Cosplay
-Showcase your costumes, Star Wars or not! Limit 2 cosplays per person
-Was there an experience at a convention that stood out to you? Meeting a favorite actor? Meeting internet friends? A really cool run in with another fan? A spectacular cupcake that changed your life (personal experience from CVII lol)
-Writing- Max: 500 Words & 2 pictures

Fan Works
-Fanart
-Fan Fiction
-Fan Based Fashion
-Basically anything you want that’s fandom related (makeup/nails/christmas trees all cout!)
-Limit 2 submissions per person
Star Wars: TFA
-How could we do this without talking about The Force Awakens? Excited for it or disappointed in it, this needs to be kept SPOILER FREE, Also, this IS NOT a place to hate on the EU or to hate on TFA
-Write reviews, your general opinion, or just about your excitement of the fact that “OMG there’s a new Star Wars movie!!”
-Limit 3 pictures/1 submission per person, 100 word limit
-I have already seen it, so It’s ok if you accidentally spoil it- i’ll be proofreading it to make sure nothing slips through Smile
Star Wars: The EU
-This IS NOT about hating Disney for taking away the EU or to hate on TFA
-Talk about your favorite EU characters
-Favorite EU books
-Comparison/Contrast between timelines or versions of canon
-Limit 3 pictures/1 submission per person, 100 word limit
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:00 pm

forgot to mention this but the deadline is the 26
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Perfect! Thank you so much Shaak Ti! Very Happy

Is there anything else you need from the mods besides submissions?
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:05 pm

I think a mod update like I mentioned before would be good- especially since you guys completely revamped the forum and all of you are "new" to the admin/mod positions to a lot of the old members lol

(i'm going to make a fb group for us)
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Ok, sounds perfect!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Hey girls! Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the last day to submit something to the newsletter! We only have two submissions so far and we would love to have your contributions!
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 pm

The Newsletter is finished! I am sending it out by email, but if there are any problems or for some reason you didn't receive it, let me know so I can send you a copy! Smile
Back to top Go down
Arda_Ancalima
VIP Member
VIP Member
Arda_Ancalima

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Ahhhh I just read the newsletter and ahhhhh all the feels. Thank you Shaak Ti for putting it together (it looks beautiful!!), DSK for reminders and distribution, and everyone who contributed, it was great to read your stories. <3

Last edited by Arda_Ancalima on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://inwesternlands.blogspot.com/
Bluesaber3
Moderators
Moderators
Bluesaber3

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 10:08 pm

YAAAAYY THAT WAS LOVELY :DDDD <3
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:26 am

Ahhh that was so great! I smiled the whole way through. I loved reading everyone's stories, there are so many great memories here! <33
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Aww thanks everyone for submitting!! I'm so glad y'all liked it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

News Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Letter   News Letter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News Letter
Page 1 of 1