Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least favorite movies/tv shows

Go down 
+3
shaak ti
allishmalli
Duchess Satine Kenobi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

Least favorite movies/tv shows Empty
PostSubject: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:43 pm

They are the worst of the worst. Those awful movies/tv shows that were a complete waste of time, just plain stupid, or make you want to throw something. It's better to focus on the positive and enjoy things you like, but these are just so awful you need to complain about them to get that frustration out of your system. You've come to the right place!

What are some of the worst movies or tv shows you have seen? Or even just seen commercials for?

Are there any that you liked at first, but, looking back, realize they are actually quite terrible? Or how about a movie that you hated at first but grew to like?

Do you think these could have been better, or are they unfixably bad? If you were making the movie, what would you have done differently?

Discuss!!!
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Generally, I'm easily entertained and even if a movie is bad, I try to find redeemable qualities about it.

However, there are a few movies that I can't find hardly any; which leads me to "Dark Shadows" with Johnny Depp. I felt uncomfortable throughout the entire movie. Maybe there were a few jokes that made me smirk/chuckle and most of the premise was interesting, but most movies have one or two jokes that make me laugh and the premise was based on a 70s soap opera, so I wouldn't call those redeeming qualities. I can't remember any other movies I didn't like right now. I'm usually picky on what I go see in theaters and what I watch on DVD/DVR, so most of the time, I tend to like what I watch.

TV, however, is an entirely different story... and a story for a different time when I have time to rant.

"Comment Ice" broken!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks for breaking the ice! Very Happy

I haven't seen that one, but it didn't look very good.

I'm the same way, I can usually find some redeemable qualities about movies I watch, but there are a few that I just can't stand.

A big one for me is the Transformers series. Gosh I just hate those movies! I saw the first two when I was too young to understand the bad stuff, and I actually liked them at first because giant robots. But as I got older I realized how completely awful those movies are. I mean, I do love giant robots, but gosh the other parts of the movies are just so bad that even robots can't make up for them. Mostly it's the sexual stuff. There are so many sex jokes, and it's so annoying and gross. I hate the way Megan Fox is sexualized. Shia Labeouf's character is annoying beyond belief. And the plots . . . are just stupid.

There are a few more movies that I don't care for, but the Transformers movies are the main ones that are rant worthy for me.

As for tv, I don't like reality shows like the Khardashians and all that junk. Those people don't deserve our attention. I'm also annoyed because most of the cartoons on Cartoon Network now look really dumb. That channel used to have the best cartoons. Their shows were funny, well written, and had heart. You could tell that the people who created them truly cared about them and put effort into making them. Now all the shows on that channel just seem like cash grabs, idiocy, and fart jokes. I also think that the animation for some of the newest ones looks hideous.

Luckily at least Disney knows what they're doing with most of their cartoons. They give me hope for the future of television animation.
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:44 pm

I hate to say it, but I found Dark Shadows relatively funny,mostly because I have a very broad sense of humor, and will laugh at almost anything... and i had nothing better to do when I watched it, so yeah. But i get what you mean, it wasn't done very well, and it did have a strange tone to it.

"Transformers" was pretty bad- it had potential, but nothing about it was amazing, it was just awkward and so overly sexualized when it didn't need to be. There was so much potential :( The issue is, such a heavily science fiction movie shouldn't put so much effort into lame sex jokes. It's stupid. It distracts from the plot and cheapens the heroic action/ doom and gloom parts of the story. It's also pretty hard to take a huge explosion seriously when everyone walks out all dirty and burned and cut and bruised, but the ONE LADY IN THE WHOLE MOVIE walks out looking like she's in a fashion show  Mad 

I also found "God's Not Dead" to be dry. Honestly I would have walked out half way through, but since I had no where to go, I sat through it. I think they put in too many characters, and didn't bother fleshing out any of them. it was just a bunch of "person gets in bad situation. they struggle. they become Christian. crying. more crying. crying crying crying. OOH CONCERT! crying. happy crying"

It had a wonderful message, but the makers didn't go about it well. I thought most of the women were very poorly written, and in general all had the same personality (other than the girlfriend... she was really mean :/) The problem could have easily been fixed with making less characters, but they didn't, so it just turned out really awkward and boring to me
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm

I didn't see the movie, but I read the book and I thought the book was great.

I have a philosophy about movies and TV shows: "Most any idea, if done right, can become a good movie/TV show. Of course, 'right' is somewhat subjective (there are basic things that movies and TV shows need to be good in the first place), so turning an idea into a good movie/TV show becomes more difficult to pull off, but not impossible."
Back to top Go down
shaak ti
VIP Member
VIP Member
shaak ti

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Hmm... maybe I'll have to pick it up- books are almost always better than the movie Smile

You're so right! So many stories have potential, but sometimes people just go about making it the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 6:59 pm

I watched X-Men: First Class, and I loved it. Then I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and I was incredibly disappointed with it.
Short version: main character had no character development and the movie had no theme.

LONG VERSION POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Ooh! I just thought of a movie that I couldn't even sit through the entire thing... The Last Airbender!

Unfortunately, I don't have time to explain why I didn't like it (I have to pack for a trip tomorrow).

Maybe I'll have time in the car to plan/pre-write out my arguments for this movie and particular TV programming...
Back to top Go down
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone hates Wolverine: Origins, Spork. Razz I've not seen it myself, but I have yet to meet a person who liked it.

I'm not a fan of X-Men: The Last Stand, because I feel like there was a lot wrong with it. It had too many plot holes and unnecessary things in it. I also dislike every Shrek movie but the first one.

I feel like a bad Star Wars fan, but I didn't like Attack of the Clones. I feel like the acting was really bad and the romance could have been a thousand times better.

There are probably more movies but I can't think of any right now.

I haaate the Big Bang Theory. My dad loves it, but it makes me so uncomfortable, with all the rude humour and the way it makes fun of people with mental illnesses.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:34 am

I dislike Wolverine Origins as well, but for different reasons. I think that it is pretty in character for Wolverine to care only about himself, because in the other X-Men movies they show how he makes a transition from being more for himself to actually caring about the other mutants, and he ends up becoming sort of a big brother to all the younger mutants at the school. However, I definitely still see how this could bother you.
One of my problems with Origins was Deadpool. I don't care if movies change things from the comic books, but in the comic books his back story had so much depth to it and I wish they had just had some level of depth to his backstory in the movie, because I felt like it was lacking. I also really wasn't a fan of Ryan Reynolds playing him.
My other problem is that, overall, the movie is just kind of forgettable. It feels messy.

Oh my gosh yes Allishmalli!!! The Last Airbender movie is awful!!! Nostalgia Critic on Youtube explains why perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSu0HeRnG18
It is a long video so if you don't want to watch it all just skip to 35:54, which is the main point.

Ughh don't even get me started on X-Men: The Last Stand! Some parts of that movie were fine, but I just really don't like Jean Grey. She's married to Cyclops, yet she keeps on telling Wolverine that she loves him too. I know people who do this in real life, and it is the most annoying thing ever.
Spoiler:

I also agree about Shrek, except I dislike every one except the second one.

And I agree about Attack of the Clones too.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 am

My least favorite movies are- Twilight, Barnyard, The Wild, The Last Airbender, and any of those movies that badly over-sexulize the female characters. I read the Twilight book(which was pretty bad) so I could tell people I knew who liked it that I had read it and didn't like it; my sister didn't want to read the book, so we decided to see how bad the movie was. And it was even worse than the book! The cinematography was terrible and the action was just so bad(I had to turn it off). Bardyard and The Wild were just badly done, in my opinion, and got so many facts wrong(bulls DON'T have udders! Sheesh!). And The Last Airbender was just so bad! It didn't follow the story at all, they changed the characters a whole bunch, made Katara into a wimp, and the casting was just wrong!(I would have cast Inuits as Katara and Sokka, since that was what I felt their culture and look were based on). The Percy Jackson films so far aren't the best(since they follow the books terribly) but they do have redeeming qualities.
I actually really do like Attack of the Clones(though I will agree, the romance was never very good; I was always far more interested in what Obi-Wan and the rest of the Jedi were doing).

For TV shows- I typically don't stay with something bad, but I'll go with Scandal, Kickin' It, Jessi, and other Disney Channel shows currently on. For Scandal, I haven't see it, but seriously, if I want to hear about political(cheating-related) scandals, I'll read tabloid magazines or watch the news. With Kickin' It and Jessi, there are some pretty disturbing issues I have with it. Kickin It, from what little I watched, has some very creepy views on women- at one point, they were having an auction where guys could pay for girls to date them(which creeped me out and isn't a good message at all to send). With Jessi(I think that's how it's spelled) also has harmfull sexism, as well as racial stereotypes which was pretty bad as well. Basically, most Disney Channel shows(the live-action ones anyway) are just not good with messages(and portray girls very wrong).
Back to top Go down
http://writing-reading-acting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=20
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Oh yes, Twilight is horrible. The books are bad but the movies are even worse Razz I also agree about Barnyard and The Wild, those movies were silly and just kind of boring.

I also agree that both the Percy Jackson movies and Attack of the Clones have redeeming qualities.

Oh yeah, those live action Disney channel shows kind of annoy me. But I think it's just because they're not my thing. They all seem kind of cheesy and predictable to me. I do love a lot of Disney's cartoons, though.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 pm

DuchessSatineKenobi wrote:
Oh my gosh yes Allishmalli!!! The Last Airbender movie is awful!!! Nostalgia Critic on Youtube explains why perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSu0HeRnG18
It is a long video so if you don't want to watch it all just skip to 35:54, which is the main point.

I've already seen this video, but thanks for brining it up for other people to see (however, if you, the other TLF sisters, watch this review, prepare to hear a boat-load of swearing).

Unfortunately since this review exists, I feel like I have nothing else to say about it that no one else has said before. I'm not glad that it exists (actually, if I could go back in time, I would stop this movie from being produced), but at least it makes me appreciate the show (and LOK) a lot more than I would have if it didn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:01 pm

I agree.

Another movie that annoys me is The Lorax. It just felt hollow. The characters were boring, the plot was obvious, the message wasn't conveyed that well, and it felt like it was around to make money more than anything.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Another movie that annoys me is The Lorax. It just felt hollow. The characters were boring, the plot was obvious, the message wasn't conveyed that well, and it felt like it was around to make money more than anything.

What a coincidence! Nostalgia Critic (and Nostalgia Chick) did a review on this movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwwgeP5Jms)(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltppl0Esjo), but you probably knew that.
I never watched it in the first place because it looked stupid to me (especially the fact that two 12 year olds are played by Zac Efron and Taylor Swift... if not done right, celebrity voices get on my nerves...). Now, I know not to waste my time.
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

Location : Coruscant: the Jedi Temple where I train with Obi-Wan, Siri, Shaak, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. Naboo, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, Narnia, The Four Nations(water, earth, fire, and air), Sunnydale, Storybrooke, Fairy Tale World, in the TARDIS, in the Survey Corps, in the Impala, Sherwood Forest, at Camp-Half Blood....and where ever the wind takes this young Jedi. (I actually live in the U.S)

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 am

I actually kind of liked the movie- it was really cheesy and a bit too obvious with it's message(I do agree with it, but I prefer subtly when it comes to getting your point across in fiction), but I enjoyed the friendship between the guy and the Lorax and the music was fun too.

Also, I would consider Attack of the Clones one of my favorite films(probably by fourth favorite Star Wars film).
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm

allishmalli wrote:

What a coincidence! Nostalgia Critic (and Nostalgia Chick) did a review on this movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwwgeP5Jms)(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ltppl0Esjo), but you probably knew that.
I never watched it in the first place because it looked stupid to me (especially the fact that two 12 year olds are played by Zac Efron and Taylor Swift... if not done right, celebrity voices get on my nerves...). Now, I know not to waste my time.

I've actually just discovered him! I loved his Avatar review and now this one. I now have a new favorite Youtube channel! This guy totally reads my mind about movies!
Yeah, the celebrity voices bothered me, though I think they wouldn't have bothered me as much if the characters were more interesting.

Shena, yeah, there are still good things about it. Personally I thought the animation was really good, and the songs were pretty catchy.

As for Attack of the Clones, I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I love the parts with Obi-Wan and the clones, and that arena battle is one of the coolest movie battles ever! But the romance stuff is just awful.

I guess it just goes to show what we mentioned earlier; even if a movie is bad or has bad elements, there can still be some redeeming/good things about it too.

Last edited by Duchess Satine Kenobi on Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala
VIP Member
VIP Member
SiriKenobi-ShenaTokala

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:05 am

Exactly! Smile And I've found that what makes a good movie differs from person to person.

I agree! Love the action in and cool stuff with Obi-Wan in AoTC, but yes, I never liked the romance! (I remember skipping it when I first watched it, actually XD).
Back to top Go down
Amaranthine
Admin
Admin
Amaranthine

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Secrets of NIMPH. Just saying. QwQ
The book was amazing and I was so hyped for the children's movie. Talk about a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amaranthineforever.blogspot.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Really??? Because a lot of people say The Secret of NIMH is Don Bluth's best film and is one of the best family movies of all time. Plus, I saw it recently and I liked it a lot. The animation was great (felt like I was watching a classic Disney movie); the character of Mrs. Brisby was great (Yes, I know they changed her name from the book, but they had to change it or they would get sued by the makers of the Frisbee); and the concept and ideas presented were great. I would actually recommend people to see it.

I guess since I never read the book (which I assume is your reasoning why you don't like this film), I shouldn't try to argue with you; but it seems that on its own, it's a good film. Besides, changes in book-to-film adaptations are necessary for converting the original material from one art medium to an entirely different art medium, mostly because the book needs to be cut down to fit the time length of a movie.

Now I can see why you (or anyone for that matter) hate the direct-to-video sequel, The Secret of NIHM 2: Timmy to the Rescue (here's a review if you want to know about it but don't want to actually watch it: http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nostalgia-critic-the-secret-of-nimh-2-4667289).

Even though I can guess your reasonings on why you don't like The Secret of NIMH (heck, I could probably go Google the differences between the book and the movie), I am kinda curious (genuinely curious, I'm not trying to pick a fight here) on why you don't like this film. Can you explain why (except that "it wasn't like the book") you don't like this film?
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I really want to see that movie! I've heard such mixed opinions on it. Some people say it's one of the best animated movies ever, and some people hate it. I'm going to see if it is online and watch it tonight! I'm very curious to see it, especially since I love animation.
Back to top Go down
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 pm

It's on IMDb
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:20 pm

I just watched The Secret of NIMH, and I really enjoyed it. The animation was beautiful, and I love the atmosphere the movie created. I also liked the characters, especially Ms. Brisby. I thought the story was pretty good too, and my only problem is that I wish the movie was longer. I felt like a few things could have been explained just a bit more and that the ending with the necklace should have had more leading up to it.

However, I watched Nostalgia Critic's video about this movie where he talks about these things, and I really like his take on it. Here is the video if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoE762pZiLc

I can't wait to watch his review of the dreadful looking sequel XD
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:27 pm

My brother and I recently watched The Matrix Reloaded to prepare for Nostalgia Critic's Matrix Month, and I've got to say it was pretty awful.

We saw the first Matrix a while back and I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought the characters were extremely bland (except for Smith and Morpheus), but I found the plot extremely intriguing and the visuals fantastic.

However, the sequels are just terrible. I was going to watch both but Reloaded was so awful I couldn't bring myself to watch the third one, because I've heard it is even worse. My main problem with Reloaded is that it was just BORING. I got so sick of the characters giving their weird speeches that I didn't even understand and by the end I had just tuned out. The characters are just as boring as they were in the first one and Neo and Trinity's relationship makes no sense. She literally just said "I love you" and now they make out all the time and none of this had any buildup whatsoever. The cave scene is the weirdest thing I've seen since Vanilla Ice's random cameo in the second Ninja Turtles. In the first movie, when they described Zion, this futuristic city, about the last thing that came to mind was a cave where half naked people dance to rave music and swing their dreadlocks. What made it even worse is that this is all randomly interspersed with a stupid sex scene. As weird as it was, though, at least it was entertainingly weird, while the rest of the movie was just boring. The only part that was really good was the fight scene with the army of Smiths. That was extremely fun to watch.

It's not the worst movie ever or anything, but I was hoping for much more given the very interesting ideas that the first movie set up. It wasn't even entertainingly bad, it was just boring, which to me, is the worst thing a movie can be. They're supposed to entertain, and even laughably bad movies are at least enjoyable because you can laugh at them. Boring movies are just . . . boring.

The only other good thing that came out of this movie besides the Agent Smith fight was the Nostalgia Critic review.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Did any of you ever see the live action Cat in the Hat film? Doug Walker recently did a "real thoughts" video on it which brought that movie back to memory.

It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Maybe even the worst. Even as a kid I didn't like it. I was majorly freaked out by most of it, and it was just altogether unpleasant. Everything was so freaky and this weird man dressed as a weird cat looking thing was screaming stuff and . . . yeah. It was bad.

I'm glad that the NC reviewed it (as well as gave his "real thoughts" about it . . . which weren't that surprising, but were still hilarious). His reviews make me glad that I can at least get SOMETHING good out of bad movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least favorite movies/tv shows   Least favorite movies/tv shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least favorite movies/tv shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next