Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 6: Order 66 arc

Go down 
+2
Starwarsartist
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel-is-a-Jedi
Moderators
Moderators
Rachel-is-a-Jedi

Season 6: Order 66 arc Empty
PostSubject: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Talk about the Order 66 arc here!  
I haven't seen it yet, I probably will tonight.  Until then, I'll be avoiding this topic because

Season 6: Order 66 arc Spoilers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachel365photo.blogspot.com
Starwarsartist
VIP Member
VIP Member
Starwarsartist

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:12 pm

THIS ARC WAS SO SAD HOLY COW

First of all, I loved how they explained the whole deal with the chip. It was quite believable. I just wonder how some of the clones that didn't go through with Order 66 were able to resist the order.

I have an extreme dislike for the Kaminoans now. They have such a disregard for the clones and encourage them not to think independently. Also they're definitely working with the separatists, knowingly or unknowingly. It's kind of sad to think just how badly the Jedi are getting manipulated throughout the war.

Also Tup! He wasn't my favourite clone but I was still really sad to see him die, especially after Fives had thought he'd saved him. I felt like he was pretty much just a plot device throughout the arc, which wasn't fair to him.

Okay, call me crazy, but I really liked AZ. He was nice comic relief to the episodes that were pretty emotional. I know people hate characters like him normally, but I liked him.

What can I say about Fives. Fives is my favourite clone, has been for years. I always liked his rebelliousness and how he would challenge his superiors to find out what he wanted. It was kind of fitting, I guess, that that would be his downfall.

The last episode broke my heart, it was so sad to see Fives being framed for something he didn't do. He knew details that could ultimately be the downfall of Sidious, but the drug he'd been given messed with his head until he was incoherently babbling, losing the trust of his Jedi General, commanding Captain, and the rest of his brothers. I cried when he died. RIP Fives.

It was a brilliant arc, and I'm so glad they decided to include it in the Bonus content. 10/10, would watch again, but maybe just when I've recovered more from watching it the first time. Razz
Back to top Go down
jedigirl1990
VIP Member
VIP Member
jedigirl1990

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 4:03 pm

I loved this arc I saw the leaked preview a few weeks ago in though it was in German so I knew Fives was going to die which is why it was so hard for me to watch these episodes seeing what lead up to it and knowing what was going to be the result. It was a hard arc to watch for sure.

I agree swa I LOVED AZ this arc definitely needed comic relief and AZ delivered beautifully. Seeing him and fives interact was very entertaining.

I also completely dislike the kaminoans. I never really cared for them in the first place but now I strongly dislike them. They clearly had no regard for the clones and viewed them completely dispensable. In the cases of both tup and fives they almost immediately recommended them to be terminated. and they are clearly very involved with the seprateists.

Tup's death was hard to watch especially five's reaction to his death. One thing I really liked about the arc is it showed how close the clones were to each other. I know there were some examples of it in the past but this episode especially with fives showed how much they really cared for one another.

POOR Fives I really felt for him. I have always loved fives and it was hard watching him trying to show what the evil chancellor had in store but not being able to because of him being drugged. and his death was just tragic I was very close to tears.

overall I really liked this arc it was interesting seeing the chip and the order 66 and the politics and scheming behind it. And how clueless the jedi seemed to be I mean I guess not clueless but its like just listen HELLO chancellor is definitely a sly villain and is good at what he does.
Back to top Go down
jedispork

jedispork

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 am

Hey guys! NEW EPISODES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IT'S AWESOME.

I actually didn't get to see these episodes as in-depth as I would have liked (my brothers were watched them and I was around but my attention was also distracted by other things so I couldn't pay as much attention as I wanted to)

I agree that AZ was excellent comic relief...at least, I think so. Like I said, I wasn't able to concentrate as much on the episodes as I would have liked, but I did enjoy them.

I both really liked and really disliked Shaak Ti in these. She clearly knew something was up, but she didn't act on it as much as she could have. I can understand the possible position she held of wanting the Kaminoans to prove themselves trustworthy and so didn't act on her suspicions, but LIVES under her jurisdiction were at stake. Jedi or not, she should have been more aggressive in the proceedings. (I mean, walking out on TWO INDENTICAL CASES?! One which held the "tumor"?! As a Jedi Master, she certainly SHOULD have noticed that. She was being played for a fool and knew it and DID NOTHING ABOUT IT, presumably because she was trying to be polite or avoid conflict. The problem is, what is right and what is socially deemed "polite" can be totally different, and though "blessed are the peacemakers," Christ Himself called out all those traders in the Temple on their...ridiculousness, for lack of a better word. Shaak Ti should have acted on her suspicions, but she did NOTHING and that makes me upset.

Wow. This got long and Jedi-oriented. (bet you can't guess who my favorite group in the Star Wars universe i... Razz) I have to go, I'll probably talk more about different parts of the arc later.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm

So, after nearly two years I finally got around to seeing this arc today. I can't believe I waited so long and I really don't know why I did. I think it was a combination of procrastination and being sad that the show was over.

But anyways, wow, what a great arc! This is truly Clone Wars at its finest. At this point the show had really perfected everything, but the main thing I want to point out here is the pacing. It's just perfect. The mystery is engaging and the action intense, but things don't ever move too fast or feel rushed.

Also genius story moves like paring Fives up with a droid to draw attention to how the clones are treated like machines work wondrously to tie the arc together. (Seriously, though AZ is like my new favorite droid character ever.)

Everything builds perfectly to a fantastic, yet heartbreaking climax. I saw spoilers years ago and even if I hadn't I would have guessed pretty fast that Fives would bite it, but man, was that depressing. I really grew to love him, and it's sad seeing him go out in such an awful way. But seeing that Rex is alive in Rebels (I haven't seen the new season yet so don't know the full story there), maybe someone actually listened to Fives.

Overall a fantastic set of episodes with a tightly written story, compelling characters, and perfect pacing.
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
allishmalli
Moderators
Moderators
allishmalli

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Yay, you finally watched it! You can now catch up on Rebels and know certain things!

Season 6: Order 66 arc 249578b3ccdaddac6b01fd15dbd1777c

And I am just now realizing that I never commented on this particular topic...

And I am just now realizing that I really don't need to comment because I pretty much concur with everything you said, DSK. Good job!
Back to top Go down
http://allisonspears.weebly.com
Duchess Satine Kenobi
Admin
Admin
Duchess Satine Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Yeah! I have a lot to catch up on but I'm looking forward to it! Very Happy

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://attackofthespaceturtles.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6: Order 66 arc   Season 6: Order 66 arc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6: Order 66 arc
Page 1 of 1